Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    on my pension application i am applying to have my pension paid into a BDO Philippine bank , how does it go with the fact that Philippine banks don't have the IBAN ?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    on my pension application i am applying to have my pension paid into a BDO Philippine bank , how does it go with the fact that Philippine banks don't have the IBAN ?
    I tried that a couple of months ago (with BDO).

My advice... DON'T... if you have a UK bank.

My pension payment was returned by (useless) BDO.

I have now returned to having my State Pension paid into my reliable existing UK bank, and simply transferring money into the BDO account myself, using Worldremit... for about five quid.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I tried that a couple of months ago (with BDO).

My advice... DON'T... if you have a UK bank.

My pension payment was returned by (useless) BDO.

I have now returned to having my State Pension paid into my reliable existing UK bank, and simply transferring money into the BDO account myself, using Worldremit... for about five quid.
    i thought in the end having it paid in a bank here would be less hastle, especialy if i got sick and ended up in hospital then Lolita can get to the money easily , she isn't computer literate , Worldremit i have got it stuck in Ireland, as i need proof of address ect for UK in order to change it back to UK,so that one is useless to me now,though i do still have PNB europe , they have been good, but it has been proved very hard to get card numbers changed with them when my bank issues new cards. what was the reason for BDO returning your payment, seems very odd

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i thought in the end having it paid in a bank here would be less hastle, especialy if i got sick and ended up in hospital then Lolita can get to the money easily , she isn't computer literate , Worldremit i have got it stuck in Ireland, as i need proof of address ect for UK in order to change it back to UK,so that one is useless to me now,though i do still have PNB europe , they have been good, but it has been proved very hard to get card numbers changed with them when my bank issues new cards. what was the reason for BDO returning your payment, seems very odd
    I still use our (well, wife's) BDO account here. I just don't have my UK pension paid into it, because from my recent experience they are not reliable for direct bank to bank payments. If they don't understand it, it gets returned.

However, with REMITTANCES (in my case , sent by myself to BDO, using Worldremit, but plenty of alternatives), the money has been credited to BDO with no problem, and quickly. We then use the BDO Debit card to withdraw funds.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I still use our (well, wife's) BDO account here. I just don't have my UK pension paid into it, because from my recent experience they are not reliable for direct bank to bank payments. If they don't understand it, it gets returned.

However, with REMITTANCES (in my case , sent by myself to BDO, using Worldremit, but plenty of alternatives), the money has been credited to BDO with no problem, and quickly. We then use the BDO Debit card to withdraw funds.
    one good thing at least it got returned, better than getting electronically lost, hopefully its just you or very few this has happened to for my comfort i hope so, but sorry it happened to you of course, i think i need to give it a try for the reason that it would be more convenient should i be unable to do a remit myself, I was going to use my PNB account for this, But i was under the impression that BDO are more experienced in this

Thread Information