Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

A great get together

Well what a great get together it was.

The meeting was planned let’s meet up between noon and 1pm on the Saturday at the Royal George hotel in Perth and we can have a good old chin wag and best off all another couple turned up too.

Myself and Emma was there first after our drive down from Aviemore in fact we was there just after 11.30 and we managed to get the last free parking space which did go down well in my books then it was around30 minutes later that Simon and Rani shown up and the chat started.

Then it was Arthur and Myrna turn to to come through the doors a little late even though they live the nearest plus as Arthur kept reminding me that he use the bus as he has a free bus pass.

Anyway what a very good time we all had, chatting away about everything and nothing and then it was time to eat, in we went into the conservatory over looking the garden and river and we all chose our meals and I must say mine was very tasty and the others enjoyed the food too, puddings next for a few then it was back into the other room for coffees and my cup of tea.

Seven years since we met up the last time with Arthur and Myrna and never seeing Simon and Rani before only on the internet it was so nice to talk face to face , but like anything the time goes by so quickly and it was time to say our goodbyes until the next time, but Simon and Rani very kindly asked us to pop over to there place near Glasgow and we had a few days staying in there wonderful house .

What a great way to end our holiday with long time friends who we have known for so many years but only see each other when we can, it’s good to talk but better to shake the hands and see them face to face in my eyes.

So thank you Arthur and Myrna and thank you Simon and Rani.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Member
    Sounds marvellous. Nice to see people actually meeting, in this 'Cyberspace' age... and so much to chat about !

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Well what a great get together it was.
    Indeed it was! Tasty lunch in an idyllic setting overlooking Scotland's longest river, this had been a favourite stopping~off point for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert on their way northwards to Balmoral Castle. Plus, who knows ... ... it's not outwith the realms of possibility that one or more of their nine children could've been conceived here.

What a great way to end our holiday with long time friends who we have known for so many years but only see each other when we can, it’s good to talk but better to shake the hands and see them face to face in my eyes.
    Absolutely, Steve. ...GREAT to see you and Emma again after nearly seven years since we last met at Alan's well-planned get-together in Scarborough. Likewise, it was really nice meeting Simon and Rani.

So thank you Arthur and Myrna and thank you Simon and Rani.
    Our thanks to ALL of you too, for a most enjoyable afternoon in convivial company.

Thread Information