Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR (M) - documents to proov we are living together

Hi everyone. I've not been on here for a long time but you guys were always very helpful and I was wondering if you can give me your opinion on the list of documents I want to submit to show my wife and I have been living together for the last 2 years.

On other forums I have been told different things; that you should submit documents every 3-4 months and someone else said every 4-5. The issue I have is that doing it every 3-4 months means you won't cover the full to years. I am also struggling for documents in certain months as you are not in control of when you get a gas bill or a council tax bill etc. This is what I've got so far:

May 2018: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Utility Bill (me, original)
    Oct 2018: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Utility Bill (me, original)
    March 2019: Council tax bill (wife and myself, original)
    July 2019: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Bank statement (wife, certified copy)
    Nov 2019: Council tax bill (wife and myself, original)
    March 2020: Water bill (wife and myself, original)

I have a few gaps of 5 months in the documents from 2018, is this too big? I can fill it with a few other things, like another bank statement and a tenancy agreement but then I am sending in TOO MANY documents. I don't know what to do. No matter which way I look at it I can not have exactly 6 periods that are exactly 4 months apart.

Please can you all offer some advice?
    "I will stand by your side in sickness and in health, in an apocalyptic scenario or during a zombie invasion!"

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    With regards to proof of living, your wife only needs to submit 6 different types of letters that she is living in the same house as you from when she arrived in UK. This is easy to show with utility bills named to both of you, i.e. water bill, phone bills, etc. She can also send a letter addressed just to her as long as there is also a letter showing addressed with your name, like the one that contains both of your name. The immigration officer can counter check it by looking at that.

What I did with mine (well with my ILR because no extension during my time yet, same proof of living requirements anyway) in the past was send a letter addressed to me from NHS or GP or dentist, the water bill addressed to both me and hubby, phone bill addressed to both me and hubby, a bank statement addressed to me and hubby, DVLA letter addressed to me, a library subscription addressed to me. The dates don't matter as long as it shows the years on the letter that she is supposed to be living with you.

The 3 months requirements that you are stating is for the proof of financial records that you and your wife should submit. That is the one you need to take into account the latest as possible.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    With regards to proof of living, your wife only needs to submit 6 different types of letters that she is living in the same house as you from when she arrived in UK. This is easy to show with utility bills named to both of you, i.e. water bill, phone bills, etc. She can also send a letter addressed just to her as long as there is also a letter showing addressed with your name, like the one that contains both of your name. The immigration officer can counter check it by looking at that.

What I did with mine (well with my ILR because no extension during my time yet, same proof of living requirements anyway) in the past was send a letter addressed to me from NHS or GP or dentist, the water bill addressed to both me and hubby, phone bill addressed to both me and hubby, a bank statement addressed to me and hubby, DVLA letter addressed to me, a library subscription addressed to me. The dates don't matter as long as it shows the years on the letter that she is supposed to be living with you.

The 3 months requirements that you are stating is for the proof of financial records that you and your wife should submit. That is the one you need to take into account the latest as possible.
    I think it is 6 months we need for the proof of finances, but that won’t be an issue I am just collecting all the wage slips and payslips now. Thank you though.

In your opinion, is the list of documents above ok? Not too big of a gap between them etc? Thanks
    "I will stand by your side in sickness and in health, in an apocalyptic scenario or during a zombie invasion!"

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Does she only have water bill, council tax and bank statement? She needs a letter from 6 different entities/companies/sources. Does she have any letter from NHS/GP/Dentist? Or anything from a landlord, MP, etc.? Don't worry about the gaps in dates of these letters. They won't matter apart from if they are date from the moment she started living with you. Probably 2 or 3 letters from different sources each year will do.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Does she only have water bill, council tax and bank statement? She needs a letter from 6 different entities/companies/sources. Does she have any letter from NHS/GP/Dentist? Or anything from a landlord, MP, etc.? Don't worry about the gaps in dates of these letters. They won't matter apart from if they are date from the moment she started living with you. Probably 2 or 3 letters from different sources each year will do.
    It’s a minimum of 3 sources between the two of you that we need, and we have four so I’m not too concerned about that, it’s just the dates that I am concerned about. You need 6 letters total, from 3 sources spread over the two years.

Thread Information