Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

First British Passport

Hi everyone,

My wife Jamie has finally put in her application for citizenship and used one of the main hubs in Manchester today to forward the supporting documents.

The question I would like to ask is that when she receives her certificate of naturalisation from the local council and applies for her British Passport, in the supporting document section it mentions her mother or father's birth certificate, was just wondering is it needed as we will have to sort getting it sent here via DHL.

Any thoughts of others who have been through this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I never submitted any birth certificate of my parents when I applied for my passport. I just stated their names and nationalities. I think you only have to do that if any of her parents is British or of British descent.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    We only submitted details but no certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi everyone,

My wife Jamie has finally put in her application for citizenship and used one of the main hubs in Manchester today to forward the supporting documents.

The question I would like to ask is that when she receives her certificate of naturalisation from the local council and applies for her British Passport, in the supporting document section it mentions her mother or father's birth certificate, was just wondering is it needed as we will have to sort getting it sent here via DHL.

Any thoughts of others who have been through this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    We have only been a month or so behind you in this long process of acquiring my wife's first British passport. I hope all went well for you and no hitches. We will be in the Philippines soon and will return early April when we will start the process of naturalisation.

Thread Information