Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Need advice on first FLR (M) application (Switching from Fiancee Visa to Spouse Visa)

Hello everyone,

We just got married last week and now we are preparing the documents to be submittied to switch my fiancee visa to spouse visa. However, I still have the following major concerns:

1. Mismatch between the address in the marriage certificate and our current accommodation
    We indicated my husband's parents' address as our address in the marriage certificate. We got married in Northampton and we thought it would be best to indicate that address because my husband is registered in that council and not in our present address (he moved to our current address just over a year ago). Should we just use his parents' address as our accommodation for uniformity? This is also the address we used in my fiancee visa application.

2. Correspondence to my husband and me in current address (bank statements, utility bills, etc.)
    I just got here last September 2018 and no bank would allow me to open an account with them using a fiancee visa. We do not have any joint statements except for our tenancy agreement. The only correspondence to me that I have are delivery receipts of my online purchases. Would these be enough? :( The following are their requirements:

"Items of correspondence addressed at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years
    Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

Examples of acceptable items include:

Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
    Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
    Bank statements or letters
    Building society savings books or letters
    Council tax bills or statements
    Electricity or gas bills or statements
    Water rates bills or statements
    Mortgage statements or agreement
    Tenancy agreement(s)
    Telephone bills or statements"

Again, I can't have all of these acceptable items because they won't allow me to open an account nor register using a fiancee visa.

Hope you could advise. Thanks a lot!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    1. When are you going to apply? When you moved to a new address, you should've informed the Home Office about it.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk

2. Aren't you registered to a GP? Dentist? Ask your husband to add your name in one of the bills, i.e. electric, broadband, water, etc. Also, try to open a library membership. They will send you a letter about it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information