Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Trusted Member

Uploading photos

For members already familiar with uploading photos on the Forum, please ignore, but for those who are not, this may be helpful :-

1. You need to sign up to Photobucket with user name and password. ( http://www.photobucket.com ).

2. Once you have uploaded your photos from your computer to Photobucket, when viewing them ( your “ library “ ), you will see on the right hand side " Links to share this photo? ".

3. Left click on " IMG " for each photo, it will show as “ copied “.

4. Paste that link to your Forum post, by left clicking on “ Ctrl “ ( bottom left on computer keyboard ) together with the letter “ V “.

5. The photo(s) should then appear after you complete your post. Only the photos you selected from your " library " can be viewed on the Forum.

If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    For members already familiar with uploading photos on the Forum, please ignore, but for those who are not, this may be helpful :-

1. You need to sign up to Photobucket with user name and password. ( http://www.photobucket.com ).

2. Once you have uploaded your photos from your computer to Photobucket, when viewing them ( your “ library “ ), you will see on the right hand side " Links to share this photo? ".

3. Left click on " IMG " for each photo, it will show as “ copied “.

4. Paste that link to your Forum post, by left clicking on “ Ctrl “ ( bottom left on computer keyboard ) together with the letter “ V “.

5. The photo(s) should then appear after you complete your post. Only the photos you selected from your " library " can be viewed on the Forum.
    Thankyou Alan, will print this off!

Trusted Member
    Members who have used or viewed " Photobucket " images on the Forum may have noticed that the photo storage site has recently changed its policy for " third party hosting " ( see link ) ( see also this link ). This means embedding an image or photo on another website such as a forum. Their new terms of service do not allow such " hosting " unless you upgrade to their " Plus 500 Subscription ". It has previously been free, but " generates zero revenue " for Photobucket.

" Plus 500 " subscription allows 502 GB storage at a cost of $ 399.99 / year. I will not be subscribing .

Any member with a free Photobucket account CAN still view their photos by logging in to their account. Photobucket has simply limited the ability to view your photos on third party sites.

Others who have uploaded photos by this method may find theirs are also no longer visible on this forum, although photos can be attached without using Photobucket ( click on " Insert Image " icon when making new post ).

All my photos and images on such threads as " Vintage Manila ", and the coins, banknotes and stamps threads, are unfortunately no longer available to view on the Forum as a result of this change of policy .

Oh, Alan ... we're so sorry to read about the loss of ALL those truly magnificent pictorials of yours, following Photobucket's withdrawal of its "third party hosting" facilities.

Having said that, one cannot blame you for declining to subscribe towards the site's exorbitant annual fee.

Trusted Member
    Thank you Arthur .

It's disappointing not only for me, but also other members - such as Stevewool - who have uploaded many excellent photos. Of course we have done nothing wrong - it's Photobucket which has changed the rules. I can't imagine any of us private individuals paying that exorbitant annual fee, especially as we have shared our images to the Forum with no financial gain to ourselves, simply because we thought members would find them of interest.

Try imgur.com

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Try imgur.com
    Thanks Simon

There may well be other sites compatible with Photobucket ( which as you know was recommended for this Forum by Keith " Boss ", when it was free ) - I don't have experience of them.

Even if such a site exists which doesn't charge for " third party hosting ", that would only be useful for FUTURE uploading of images. Personally I can't imagine uploading all my hundreds of photos, complete with explanatory texts, for a second time .

My only consolation is that the relevant threads have been viewed thousands of times before Photobucket deleted the images without warning . Thank you to all members for your support and interest .

Trusted Member
    Elsewhere Steve.r has kindly posted links to other sites, and plans to close his account with Photobucket after saving his uploaded photos from there :-

" Alternatives that offer the same 3rd party hosting, with free image linking:

Flickr.
    https://www.flickr.com/about

Google Drive.
    https://www.google.com/drive/terms-of-service/ "

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Thanks Simon

There may well be other sites compatible with Photobucket ( which as you know was recommended for this Forum by Keith " Boss ", when it was free ) - I don't have experience of them.

Even if such a site exists which doesn't charge for " third party hosting ", that would only be useful for FUTURE uploading of images. Personally I can't imagine uploading all my hundreds of photos, complete with explanatory texts, for a second time .

My only consolation is that the relevant threads have been viewed thousands of times before Photobucket deleted the images without warning . Thank you to all members for your support and interest .
    So does that mean we'll never see your lovely photo's ever again Alan? I was certainly one who loved to view them and what an abundance of photos they were, shame.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    So does that mean we'll never see your lovely photo's ever again Alan? I was certainly one who loved to view them and what an abundance of photos they were, shame.
    Sadly, that's correct, Michael. See #9 above for future uploading - perhaps Keith and Rayna may have other options.

Banned
    Thank you. I find this information useful. I will use.

Thread Information