Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ILR SET M Questions Please and Process

Hello Everyone

Hope all is well.

I have searched on the forums about this questions and I cannot seem to find the same issue, or maybe I am not searching correctly. I apologised in advance if this has been discussed already.

We are applying for ILR (SET M) and we are using my salary and employment to meet the financial requirements which is enough for 1 dependent - my son from previous marriage. The situation is my husband (British citizen) is unemployed for more than a year now.

1) Do we still need to provide his previous employment record and his current bank statements? I saw from a forum that bank statements for the applicant and the partner must be provided or can be a ground for refusal?

2) Second question is how long is the bank statement we need to provide? recent 6 months? or 2 years 5 months?

The current fee is now 2,999 per person if premium service. That's almost £6,000 for me and my son. However we have decided to take the premium route.

I will keep you all posted regarding my process and all our documents submitted, and hopefully it will be a positive one.

Many thanks as always,

Julie

Anyone please?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    1. You can provide his current bank statements.
    2. Current bank statements should be from 6 months up to the newest.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you for your response.

Just want to double check if;

- even spouse (sponsor) is not employed, we need his bank statement?

Also please please help, when do we apply we are so confused and we have been dating who is right.

Summary
    Spouse Visa issued: 09/10/2013 valid until 09/07/2016
    Entry to the UK: 22 December 2013
    BRP Card: 06/07/2016 valid until 09/01/2019

Do I apply?

a) Dec 12 - 28 days prior to BRP expiry (expiry date 09/01/2019)
    or
    b) Nov 23 - 28 days prior to my entry in the UK (entry date 22/12/2013)

Please could you help me?

If you are only using your salary and it shows in your bank account that you are earning the financial requirement, then your husband's bank account statements are not needed, especially if there are no regular monetary activities going in there. If the account is in your joint names, then you can use that as proof of address/cohabitation.

You can apply from 23 Nov until the day before visa expiry date.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

HI @raynaputi

We already paid online and did the application last night Nov 19th using the new system. However we havent book the appointment yet nor attach the scan documents online, as we are going to wait and do that on Nov 23rd.

However today we receive an email from the Home Office and the message below, and this scared as because we didnt expect them to start the process :(

Did we just apply to early??

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link:

Permanent migration team

Thank you so much for your response.

We will be using the new system which was implemented on Nov 2nd.

I have no experience with the new application process. I did my ILR on January 2015 in person and no online applications during those times yet.

I'm guessing you submitted your online application and payment when you are already qualified (meaning you already fulfilled the residency requirement for ILR) to do so??? I don't have an idea which date the Home Office considers as acceptance date of application (if it's the date you submitted the online application and payment, or the date you will submit your documents). I'm guessing Home Office acceptance date of application is when you paid and submitted the application online. Again I'm only guessing.

The letter you received from them is just an automated response, as is stated. You might as well call them for clarification of whatever you are worrying about.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information