Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Newbie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames2 View Post
    Hi all

I will be grateful for some help and advice on this matter here below

Does anyone on here know what could happen if my wife missed the deadline to complete her application form for ILR?

All replies appreciated
    JJ
    You mean when her current visa runs out and she hasn't applied for ILR? She won't have the right to stay here in the UK and she would need to go back to the Philippines and start the process all over again.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I thought this is the case

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    You mean when her current visa runs out and she hasn't applied for ILR? She won't have the right to stay here in the UK and she would need to go back to the Philippines and start the process all over again.
    Dear Rayna,

Thank you. Can they make her go if we don't want to have to start these visa applications all over again?

Dear Rayna,

Thank you. Can they make her go if we don't want to have to start these visa applications all over again?
    What do you mean? Would immigration officers or Home Office make her go back to the Philippines if she doesn't have ILR and rather have an expired visa? Yes they can if they catch her. But that would be living a life always worrying whether she would be caught or not. She also won't be entitled to any benefits since her current visa doesn't have recourse to public funds.

Also if she intends to work in the future, she won't be able to since she has an expired visa and doesn't have a right to stay and work here. She might also be reported to Home Office by possible employers if that happens. Hence, they can deport her.

Don't risk anything that would jeopardise both your lives here in the UK. If she gets caught with expired visa, she will be deported and will have a 10 year ban of getting back here.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Dear Rayna,

Thank you. That's what I thought would happen in everything you say is correct. All I need is for my wife to be suitably impressed with your points of views too

If my wife passes the day of her application for her ILR, how long do they generally take before the Home Office will give her notice to quit the UK? If my wife is still here after these notices from the Home Office?

What could happen next?

Regards
    JJ

Dear Rayna,

Thank you. That's what I thought would happen in everything you say is correct. All I need is for my wife to be suitably impressed with your points of views too

If my wife passes the day of her application for her ILR, how long do they generally take before the Home Office will give her notice to quit the UK? If my wife is still here after these notices from the Home Office?

What could happen next?

Regards
    JJ
    To be honest, I don't really know. I haven't heard anyone here in the forum letting their visa run out and not getting an ILR as their own choice.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information