Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Home Office Behaving Badly

Back in early Feb this year My wife Amy and I started to plan our ILR application. We had all our documents intact, but we could not find the B1 Ielts certificate that Amy took in September 2016 (which she passed easily). (We used this for our FLR application previously) I contacted the college where it was taken. At first they were very helpful and we were hopeful. They then gave us a number of the authority that organized the test. We contacted them.

After a few hours they got back to me and told me that because it's after 2 years they can't issue a duplicate copy. But if we contact the Home Office they will have a record of it if was used on a previous application which it was.

I contacted the Home Office direct the Official was most helpful and told me to include a covering letter explaining were we took the test etc, and we would not have an issue if it was used on a previous application. I taped this conversation because I needed to cover myself just in case.

Still in doubt I contacted my MP to seek clarity on this issue, she contacted the Home Office. But we never heard back from them before we made the ILR application

May 1 we sent off our application and soon after we got Amy biometric appointment everything seem to go well for us at this stage.

Exactly 5 weeks to the day, we have received a letter refusing Amy's ILR on the grounds that she did not provide enough evidence that she passed the B1 test. They are saying we used the A1 test for the FLR which is rubbish as I filled in the FLR application myself and filled in the unique reference number (page 43) The are happy to issue a further FLR if we pay the £500 Health Surcharge by the 9th July. (we did pay this reluctantly)

We contacted our MP again who has requested that a senior person look at this again or Amy should be allowed to take the test again.

We have since received a further letter saying the decision stands. The Home Office have given us till the 30th July to pay the Health Surcharge. (we already paid it by the 9th July as requested on the first letter and have the receipt)

Our MP is on the case. But with Parliament now retired for the summer. We don't know what will happen now. I feel that the Home Office have lost our original FLR application or they are just been awkward.

I have sent two complaint emails including the audio of the Home Office assistant who repeatedly told me don't worry we will have a record if was used on a previous application. In our covering letter we sent evidence that Amy attended the college to take the test. But we don't have evidence she passed it. It's on page 43 of our FLR application. The Home Office will not accept that we have done this. They are refusing to give us the data regarding the FLR back in 2016

Sheldon

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I think you better ask an OISC registered immigration adviser or a solicitor that can handle your case and try to appeal about the decision if you want. Take note that this process may take long though.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Updates On this. Our MP is now requesting page 43 of the FLR application form. This will settle the matter once and for all. However the Home Office may decline but we have to fight.

In the meantime Amy had been given FLR status of 30 months. I believe they are going to refund us the difference in monies between FLR and ILR. Believe it when I see it.

All our documents were sent back to us, except our Children's Passports... so here we go again more headache for me to sort out.

Keep Well everyone.

Sheldon

Respected Member
    Today the Home Office has released to us the original FLR Application page 43 under the Data Protection Act 2018.. Which clearly shows the B1 Test Pass Report Number. The Immigration Officer Dealing with this has made a Huge Cock Up. In my opinion should be fired.

Let's wait and see what excuses they come up with now. Sir Terpe I would value your comments on this.

Sheldon

Respected Member
    The Home office has written back and told us that we did not send a certificate showing our B1 English Test in our FLR application in 2015 when we clearly did.. Page 43 clearly shows the test report number and is filled in correctly. If there was no certificate why did they not contact us and inform us of this? Why would we pay 150.00 to take the test.. pass and not include it in the FLR application, it does not make sense. But we have not a leg to stand on come members please advise.

Sheldon

Thread Information