Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

ILR Set DV - Want to bring kids to UK

Hi all,

I was recently given ILR due to domestic violence as destitute. I want to bring my kids to UK.

I am so confused as to which route should they take. But whatever route it may be, my financial status has not changed and still consider myself destitute.

My questions are: (really sorry I am just so confused with the amount of information I have read so far)

Scenario : If I apply for my children's ILR - can I request for the fee to be waived? As far as I know, ILR applications are not allowed for fee
    waiver. but since I got my ILR under destitute, not paying for the fee, will my future applications be considered as not to having to pay
    for the fees as well?

If not, is there a way to reason EHCR rights of the children as reason? as it says it is one of the reasons you can use to waive the fee.
    But the form one uses to waive the fee under the ECHR rights is only for leave to remain applications.

Scenario : Any other means to bring them here where I can request for their fees to be waived?

I have not seen my children for 3 years. I really am hoping anyone's help regarding this please.

Thank you

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I personally haven't read any members here with the same scenario. Sorry for not being of help much. How old are your kids? I think it's better to seek the help of a qualified immigration adviser or solicitor. Please take note that use only the one who is OISC registered so you won't get duped.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    I am surprised you didn't find the funds somewhere for an air ticket home... to be with your children. A Benefits Agency loan, for example.

Now you want public funding to bring them to the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey N View Post
    Hi all,

I was recently given ILR due to domestic violence as destitute. I want to bring my kids to UK.

I am so confused as to which route should they take. But whatever route it may be, my financial status has not changed and still consider myself destitute.

My questions are: (really sorry I am just so confused with the amount of information I have read so far)

Scenario : If I apply for my children's ILR - can I request for the fee to be waived? As far as I know, ILR applications are not allowed for fee
    waiver. but since I got my ILR under destitute, not paying for the fee, will my future applications be considered as not to having to pay
    for the fees as well?

If not, is there a way to reason EHCR rights of the children as reason? as it says it is one of the reasons you can use to waive the fee.
    But the form one uses to waive the fee under the ECHR rights is only for leave to remain applications.

Scenario : Any other means to bring them here where I can request for their fees to be waived?

I have not seen my children for 3 years. I really am hoping anyone's help regarding this please.

Thank you
    Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but:-

If you can't afford the ILR fee then how do you propose to pay their airfare?

Is it not a lot cheaper for you to fly there to see your kids rather than them coming here?

How do you support them when they're here, if they can come?

Hi Joey
    Sorry to read of your situation.
    As stated earlier I think you need to consult with a professional to find the best way forward for you. Lack of information regarding your situation and your children's ages etc makes it difficult for anyone here to offer any real help.
    Perhaps you also need to start your own plan so that your children may join you here. Bringing your children here when you say you are destitute will be difficult for both you and them. Perhaps you should start by focusing on working and getting some funds together to make your situation that much easier.
    I wish you well.

Thread Information