Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Travelling to Ireland from UK

Thinking about going to Ireland in September for a couple of weeks. Galway area.
    Harlene has her FLR and BRP card, was just wondering would she need a visa to enter Ireland from UK? I was thinking as she would be traveling with me she would be ok.

Secondly, would the Baby need a passport would you think, we'd be driving and catching the ferry more than likely. If so we best pull our fingers out and order her passport!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I think your wife needs to apply for an Irish visa. https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/gre...s-for-ireland/

You may as well get a passport for your little one as it will be handy just in case. Someone told me in the past that when they went to Ireland, their passports or IDs weren't checked. Another one told me they were checked. So to avoid the risk, you better have her passport in hand.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think your wife needs to apply for an Irish visa. https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/gre...s-for-ireland/

You may as well get a passport for your little one as it will be handy just in case. Someone told me in the past that when they went to Ireland, their passports or IDs weren't checked. Another one told me they were checked. So to avoid the risk, you better have her passport in hand.
    Thanks, I did email the Irish embassy and they did reply pretty quickly which surprised me.

Dear Sir/Madam,

A visa to travel to Ireland is required.

Please see the How to Apply section of our website for information about how to apply, processing times, supporting documents, etc.

Please also refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions as it may address some of your queries.

Many have travelled from Ireland to UK and visa versa by ferry. They were not checked for passports and no immigration officers, but my advice is do it right and properly. Always better safe than sorry.

Thread Information