Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are You Planning To Marry A Filipina? Prepare Yourself For The Culture and The Money Problem

What do you think about marrying a Filipina? For me many Filipinas are good girls but most of Filipina are scammers. I hope some Filipina will think about good things as regards foreigners and not only all about money. I am a Filipina and I am married to an American citizen, but if my family is sometimes asking for money I tell them "no". Because my family is not my responsibility and they lived before me and will always survive without my support.

Let's talk about this important thing about Filipina. Are you married to a Filipina?

Hello, Yulie. Jeff's a lucky man, by the sounds of it. A strong Pinay who can stand up to her family gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm not married to a Filipina by the way, but that could change in the future. I've had a few Pinay girlfriends though, and I've been over to the Phils multiple times.

Whereabouts in the Philippines are you originally from, Yulie?

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Hello, Yulie. Jeff's a lucky man, by the sounds of it. A strong Pinay who can stand up to her family gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm not married to a Filipina by the way, but that could change in the future. I've had a few Pinay girlfriends though, and I've been over to the Phils multiple times.

Whereabouts in the Philippines are you originally from, Yulie?
    Hi jamie

Thank you I am actually the lucky woman to have my husband as I cant ask for anything more. I am originally from Mindanao In Zamboanga Del Norte region. I am from mountains and life is always hard and i believe that respect and treating others good is always the right thing to do. Because i want to be treated the same way. I thunk its sounds fare.

Were you a member here before under a different username? You remind me of someone whose name I can't quite remember right now.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You're a good lady Yulie, keep it up!

There are good and bad wherever you are from.

Looks like you have both found a good person to share your life with. It's called teamwork, sharing and working for what you are both wanting for each other. Yes, there will be ups and downs and that will be mainly from family or other people jealous of what you have and what they they think they are wanting.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    Hi jamie

Thank you I am actually the lucky woman to have my husband as I cant ask for anything more. I am originally from Mindanao In Zamboanga Del Norte region. I am from mountains and life is always hard and i believe that respect and treating others good is always the right thing to do. Because i want to be treated the same way. I thunk its sounds fare.
    Wow. Zambo Del Norte. Did your husband actually visit you there? It's kind of off limits to us westerners especially in the rural areas, although the odd maverick will venture in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Were you a member here before under a different username? You remind me of someone whose name I can't quite remember right now.
    I've actually been here since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You're a good lady Yulie, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    There are good and bad wherever you are from.

Looks like you have both found a good person to share your life with. It's called teamwork, sharing and working for what you are both wanting for each other. Yes, there will be ups and downs and that will be mainly from family or other people jealous of what you have and what they they think they are wanting.

Good luck.

Wow. Zambo Del Norte. Did your husband actually visit you there? It's kind of off limits to us westerners especially in the rural areas, although the odd maverick will venture in.
    No. He actually met me in Cebu City when I visited my sister there. There is no way for him to meet me in Zamboanga Del Norte. It's too dangerous. I won't allow him to go there, hehe.

Which part of Zamboanga are you from yulie?I have been to zambo city a few times and down the Zamboanga peninsular

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    I do what my Mrs tells me.

Attachment 10001.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ... GREAT photo of Mercedes and Geoffrey, Graham; so natural looking!

Trusted Member
    Cheers Arthur.

In our new kitchen, that I'd just painted and shelved.

(She does read this forum )

No. He actually met me in Cebu City when I visited my sister there. There is no way for him to meet me in Zamboanga Del Norte. It's too dangerous. I won't allow him to go there, hehe.
    Did you first make contact when you were both in Cebu or was it via a dating site beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Which part of Zamboanga are you from yulie?I have been to zambo city a few times and down the Zamboanga peninsular
    OH Really I am from Siocon Zamboanga Del Norte. Its About 8 hours bus ride from Zamboanga City. Where in Zamboanga Peninsula you been in.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I do what my Mrs tells me.

Attachment 10001.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... GREAT photo of Mercedes and Geoffrey, Graham; so natural looking!

Did you first make contact when you were both in Cebu or was it via a dating site beforehand?
    We did have contact in dating sites before we met in person.

OH Really I am from Siocon Zamboanga Del Norte. Its About 8 hours bus ride from Zamboanga City. Where in Zamboanga Peninsula you been in.
    Zambo city, Iipil,just had a wander around
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 11th April 2018 at 15:31. Reason: Ipil Capitalised initial

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Zambo city,ipil,just had a wander around
    Cool, Your are brave enough to go to Zamboanga Peninsula. But Ipil is not really that dangerous.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 11th April 2018 at 15:31. Reason: Ipil capitalised initial

Cool, Your are brave enough to go to Zamboanga Peninsula. But ipil is not really that dangerous.
    Ipil was in the mid 1990s when I was there, the town had just been attacked by Abu Sayyaf

We did have contact in dating sites before we met in person.
    Well that's put a new slant on things from my perspective. Dating sites these days are not renowned for uncovering gems. Perhaps I should be looking in the direction of rural Mindanao.

Tawi

What's your take on Pinays from Mindanao? Not the city ones. I know what they're like.

Ipil was in the mid 1990s when I was there, the town had just been attacked by Abu Sayyaf
    Ipil Is not so bad Actually now a days I don't think Mindanao is safe for you guys it used to be safe. I mean not safe safe but okay. But now Its totally gone.

Well that's put a new slant on things from my perspective. Dating sites these days are not renowned for uncovering gems. Perhaps I should be looking in the direction of rural Mindanao.

Dating sites are always the same - before and now - so many scammers, but I think its all depends on whoever you find there. You should be open on what really matters in your life, and if she will accept you for who you are, that means she's the right woman for you.

Tawi

What's your take on Pinays from Mindanao? Not the city ones. I know what they're like.
    The City girl is already familiar to foreigners not like the Mindanao girl who is not really familiar to foreigners. And I believe the attitude of province girl is more likely calm and they Understand more the hard work on the countrysides. That means the province girl will be innocent on the life on the city. But the city girl can't live in the province, she will be bored or she won't even know how to cook outdoors.

But the city girl can't live in the province, she will be bored or she won't even know how to cook outdoors.
    I can relate to that. Took my then Pinay girlfriend who is from the city, to Sugar Beach in Sipalay in Negros Occ. and she was whining because it was too quiet. To be fair it really was. Saw more dogs than humans.

Dating sites are always the same - before and now - so many scammers, but I think it all depends on whoever you find there. You should be open on what really matters in your life, and if she accepts you for who you are, that means she's the right woman for you.
    You've given me new impetus to go back on them. I have come across a few from the rural areas, but they tend to chat very little during a conversation so it's quite difficult. Maybe their English isn't as good as some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information