Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Financial Requirements

Hi all,

When applying for a fiancee visa, what does the embassy expect in terms of financial set-up? I am on an average wage with some savings, and my gf is on a below average wage with a bank balance of 0 - or not much more. Would we ever be penalised because she has a low bank balance? I would assume that the sponsors finances are most important.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks

Ady.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Hi all,

When applying for a fiancee visa, what does the embassy expect in terms of financial set-up? I am on an average wage with some savings, and my gf is on a below average wage with a bank balance of 0 - or not much more. Would we ever be penalised because she has a low bank balance? I would assume that the sponsors finances are most important.

Thanks

Ady.
    From previous posts, if you use the search button thingy, you will see that a couple or three grand in the sponsor's kitty will suffice....

Ask for a bank loan, deposit it in your savings account, have a statement printed, and send it off as proof....
    After a while return the money unused....

It is like cheating a little and I might have given the wrong suggestion here, but it is a small way out of a predicament.

Personally, if you are so worried about finances, I would advocate to marry in the Philippines for a couple of reasons...
    1st is having her family witness the event,
    she would love that.

2nd is the costs involved in marriage nowadays, lots and lots cheaper overthere...

YOU would love that....

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    From previous posts, if you use the search button thingy, you will see that a couple or three grand in the sponsor's kitty will suffice....

Ask for a bank loan, deposit it in your savings account, have a statement printed, and send it off as proof....
    After a while return the money unused....

It is like cheating a little and I might have given the wrong suggestion here, but it is a small way out of a predicament.

Personally, if you are so worried about finances, I would advocate to marry in the Philippines for a couple of reasons...
    1st is having her family witness the event,
    she would love that.

2nd is the costs involved in marriage nowadays, lots and lots cheaper overthere...

YOU would love that....
    Getting married in Phill will allow once your wife to work in the UK straight away as opposed to your finacee having to wait six months and then wait to get flr. My wife was unsure about getting a job now she has worked her way though 4 jobs and now doing very well for herself with friends she has made, enjoyment of job and sense of pride that she contributes to the housold and can send money home.

The embassy will not be fussed about your finacees savings or earnings if you have some savings of the amount Dom mentions. If you have a job where you have enough surplus to look after your wife after your outgoings once your both together.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks

Ady.
    hi, do you have your own property that help aswell but if your earning week in week out make sure that they see that, bit more advice listen to the two gentlemen above, me and my gf have had 3 fiancee visa but never got married what a fool i,am , get over there and if you feel everything is good marry her ,go for it

london well away from those people up norf
    Ady

As well as propety

Its not what you earn as a figure its the surplus, you could earn 100,000 a year but if you can't show evidence you have at least 200 to 250 pounds a month free to support another person (income support i belive is just over 50 pounds a week) and others in other websites have been led to belive that this is what they belive is what is needed to support a person once addcomadation costs are put out of the way.

Savings are very vital and i would think more so for finacee visas as your mahal can't work untill the status of her visa is changed. Remeber all that free time costs money, before my wife worked like others she bought magazines, hired dvds and snacks to ward off the boredom.

Save as much as you can before you can apply, i lived like a pauper for a few months spending down to a minimum to ensure my savings were as good as possible.

Make the life of the ECo easy if things are tight show with tables, graphs and whatever needed you can both survie on what you have avaiable.

If you don't provide answers then the ECOs will have to say no it can't work unless you proof it will.

Good luck and let us know some more details if your unsure after searching around on the varios forum threads and people on here will happily help.

Thread Information