Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Driving out of town in the dark

I'm talking about busy roads mainly.

It's fine when there are cats eyes and the white lines on the road are clearly visible but when neither are an aid - especially on an undulating road where other car lights blind you, it can be a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I'm talking about busy roads mainly.
    It's fine when there are cats eyes and the white lines on the road are clearly visible but when neither are an aid - especially on an undulating road where other car lights blind you, *it can be a real pain.
    Hmm ... *, I can imagine. My dad drove for a living for over 30 years, though, and he always maintained driving in [what he called] "the half~light" was even worse!

It can be if motorists haven't turned on their lights - which is very common.

The culprits tend to drive silver cars too which makes it even worse.

The 12 miles I take to work are good. I reckon 9 miles of them are in darkness. Because I've been driving the route for over a year now I am used to it.... But the first few weeks I was very cautious.

Respected Member
    Are you talking about in the UK or the Philippines? Nothing wrong with the roads in the UK, and most people's lights are correctly aligned. Maybe age is affecting your eyesight a little, we all get sensitive to light with age.

The Philippines is another story altogether, who knows if the road is still there? is there a tricycle coming towards you, on your side of the road, with no lights? Probably It's all an adventure :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Are you talking about in the UK or the Philippines? Nothing wrong with the roads in the UK, and most people's lights are correctly aligned. Maybe age is affecting your eyesight a little, we all get sensitive to light with age.

The Philippines is another story altogether, who knows if the road is still there? is there a tricycle coming towards you, on your side of the road, with no lights? Probably It's all an adventure :-)
    UK, and I have regular eye checks. Got to disagree with the roads here but then again I drive all over.

Thread Information