Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bored

Bored

Lots to do but no inclination to do it, so what to do

Ahh sod it, just booked a flight out for next Sunday

Trusted Member
    That's really the way my June-August 6 week trip happened.

Supposed to wait until January now, but will I make it past November ?

Hmm ... wish I could afford a trip to the Philippines (haven't been back there since Myrna was granted her Spousal Visa in early 2009 !) to help relieve my boredom at there being so few posts/threads to reply to on here nowadays.

Trusted Member
    I just live like a monk in between my trips Arthur.

Wish I could go this coming weekend when Harlene and my Daughter go, but I only have 2 weeks leave left at work. Not like my last job where it was 4 on 4 off and I used to book 12 days off and have almost a month off. Now I've booked 10 days off at the end off the month and will join them for 12 days and come home with them for 2 days rest before going back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Lots to do but no inclination to do it, so what to do

Ahh sod it, just booked a flight out for next Sunday
    sounds like a good idea to me .

Well that could have ended up slightly embarrassing. Just finished my usual 10 minute pack (actually it's early for me as I don't leave for another 2 hours), and thought I'll just stick those birthday presents that Shey left for me in the bag. She doesn't know I'm going and I thought at least I'll have something to open on my big day.
    Anyway, I put the first one in the case and then picked up the second one and heard a sloshing noise, I thought, sounds like liquids. Then the scenario came into my head when checking in, anyone given you anything to take sir? Yeah, but's only a birthday present from the other half. Any liquids etc sir....nope, oh hang on there was a sloshing sound coming from one of my presents.
    So, to save this scenario becoming a reality I thought I'd better open this present even though it's not my birthday. Good job I did 6 cans of Zippo lighter fuel, try explaining that one away at the airport

Trusted Member
    Wow !

Close call !

Happy travels.

Upgrade woohoo

Very lucky

Upgrade woohoo
    Lucky again...

We got to Heathrow yesterday, massive line for check-in at Philippines airlines. With us looking for the end of the line a member of staff asked us if we had checked in online. I explained my wife and daughter had, but it wouldn't allow my mother in law as she needs wheelchair assistance. With that they whisked us to the front of the queue

I'm thinking of saying I need a wheelchair when I go in 2 weeks time

Got to love the air miles, just managed another upgrade

Been back for 2 weeks now, and it's blinking cold.
    So....... booked again for the end of November, returning early Feb

Been back for 2 weeks now, and it's blinking cold.
    So....... booked again for the end of November, returning early Feb
    I am flying to Ontario in just over a week's time but might go to Amsterdam before then

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I am flying to Ontario in just over a week's time but might go to Amsterdam before then
    Schipol Airport One depressing place. It's like a huge dreary train station.

Just booked Amsterdam

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Enjoy the dope cafes. Won't find those in Pinas.

Not going for the dope cafes, the Philippines actually produces a lot more cannabis than Holland ever did

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Enjoy the dope cafes. Won't find those in Pinas.
    Oh yeah?

Benguet gets ready for marijuana tourism
    LA TRINIDAD, BENGUET—Should medical marijuana become legal, Benguet province is opening what it considers a potential niche industry: medical marijuana tourism.
    Legal marijuana plantations could bring in medical practitioners, pharmaceutical scientists and ailing Filipinos interested in a new kind of treatment, said provincial tourism officer Clarita Prudencio last week.
    Downstream businesses could open interactive learning tours showing how marijuana is produced from seed propagation to harvest, or introduce the varieties of cannabis grown in cold upland climate, Prudencio said.
    The Cordillera region had been classified as a key source of marijuana in Luzon. In 2016, P5.8 billion worth of the illegal weed was seized in drug eradication drives in the provinces of Benguet, Kalinga and Ifugao, according to the Cordillera police.
    Benguet was one of the first provinces to acknowledge that it would benefit from the passage of measures enacting a Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act, among them House Bill No. 180, which was endorsed by the House committee on health in September.
    But Benguet wants to ensure legal marijuana plantations will not disrupt its other thriving industry: salad vegetables. Benguet supplies at least 80 percent of the country’s semitemperate vegetables such as carrots, cabbages, potatoes, cauliflower and lettuce.
    Marijuana rarely requires tending and inputs, compared to vegetable cultivation, but Benguet Gov. Crescencio Pacalso said a law allowing medical marijuana should set restrictions that “will prevent most vegetable farmers from shifting to marijuana.”
    Provincial agriculturist Lolita Bentres said would-be cultivators should be required to undergo specialized training.
    Benguet would apply for accreditation to cultivate and possibly process cannabis into medicine, Pacalso said, eyeing the province’s outskirt areas as weed farms. These are areas which have been subjects of marijuana eradication operations.
    “Benguet has the suitable climate for marijuana,” the governor said, citing two towns where marijuana used to proliferate.
    Pacalso said containing marijuana farms within specific towns would also help the government in monitoring production and prevent raw marijuana from being smuggled, or getting into the hands of people who were not qualified to use cannabis as a regulated drug.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    According to the governor, Benguet has marijuana farmers who can be tapped to determine the most suitable variety of cannabis that can be grown in these areas.
    A former marijuana cultivator, who wanted to be identified only as Romeo, said he was elated by the proposed medical marijuana law because it would provide him legitimate employment. He surrendered to the police’s “Oplan Tokhang” early this year.
    Now working as a part-time carpenter and as a rice and vegetable farmer, the 40-year-old Romeo said he was lured into marijuana planting by a relative in early 2000 due to poverty.
    In June, Joseph Calulut, Cordillera information officer of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), said an agency source confirmed that coffee shops in Amsterdam in The Netherlands were offering “Baguio marijuana” in their menu.
    The Dutch government in 1976 decreed that it would not prosecute people caught with less than 5 grams of cannabis, and had tolerated the proliferation of about 200 “coffee shops” selling recreational marijuana.
    There has been no evidence of Baguio City-based weed cultivations, so the brand name may simply imply that the source of marijuana was from a mountain, PDEA said. —KARLSTON LAPNITEN

^ Has this idea been run past Duterte yet ?

He might take a dim view

Maybe Benguet should stick to growing strawberries!

Duterte is fine with it quite odd eh

Duterte has, surprisingly, expressed support.
    "It's effective," the president said during his 2016 campaign. "I will not deprive Filipinos of the benefits of medicinal marijuana, but I must have a clear definition of what it is and it must be approved by the FDA [Food and Drug Administration in the Philippines]."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...070616008.html

Duterte is fine with it quite odd eh

Duterte has, surprisingly, expressed support.
    "It's effective," the president said during his 2016 campaign. "I will not deprive Filipinos of the benefits of medicinal marijuana, but I must have a clear definition of what it is and it must be approved by the FDA [Food and Drug Administration in the Philippines]."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...070616008.html
    Fake news.

Fake news.
    Lots of foreign and pinoy news sources and haven't seen one single retraction from el president himself

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...ical-marijuana

http://news.abs-cbn.com/lifestyle/05...inal-marijuana

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/...marijuana.html

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/923054/...ical-marijuana

Fake news.
    Enjoy the dope cafes when you're there

After much debate, the Philippines House Committee on Health has endorsed House Bill 180, which would legalize cannabis for medical use in the Philippines.
    The Bill was sponsored by Isabela First District Rep. Rodolfo Albano III, and in order to pass through the committee, some changes to the Bill were made

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other...ill/ar-AAstmc6

^ More fake news.

^ More fake news.
    Just make sure you keep out of those dope cafes when your over in the Philippines Amsterdam is actually closing them down, slowly restricting licences. I am going to Gunter von Hagens body worlds exhibition in Amsterdam

I am going to Gunter von Hagens body worlds exhibition in Amsterdam
    That's the code for banging whores in the red light district . Nice try

That's the code for banging whores in the red light district . Nice try
    I told you before, I sorted a lot of gravel and found a diamond. I went to the Plastination Museum today. Just had a fantastic dinner in Pasta e Basta, my favourite restaurant in the 'Dam. Currently in a hotel that has Apple Mac computers in each room and champagne on ice as part of the breakfast. Times like this, I wish I drank

I told you before, I sorted a lot of gravel and found a diamond. I went to the Plastination Museum today. Just had a fantastic dinner in Pasta e Basta, my favourite restaurant in the 'Dam. Currently in a hotel that has Apple Mac computers in each room and champagne on ice as part of the breakfast. Times like this, I wish I drank
    Sounds like a "Her indoors" Arthur Daley type of missus . Don't you guys go anywhere together? Has she been to Pinas yet?

Has she been to the Philippines yet???The world is a big place. We are going off for a month Stateside on Tuesday. Canada and USA. She gets plenty of nice holidays. How many guys take their other halves to New York for the shopping on Black Friday? Because that part of the trip certainly isn't for me. And we will maybe, perhaps do 3-4 weeks early next year in Thailand. February probably?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information