Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Has she been to the Philippines yet???The world is a big place. We are going off for a month Stateside on Tuesday. Canada and USA. She gets plenty of nice holidays. How many guys take their other halves to New York for the shopping on Black Friday? Because that part of the trip certainly isn't for me. And we will maybe, perhaps do 3-4 weeks early next year in Thailand. February probably?
    Sounds like you're under the thumb, mate. Stick to being Rambo and go it alone!

No one has ever said I am under the thumb before. On my legs at this very moment are trousers. I am the one who wears them. I have just been to the Louis Vuitton shop in New Bond Street this afternoon. I actually saw a Filipina in there with her husband/partner/gentleman friend, mid-20s and she was a looker who knew she looked hot, her partner was a Brit. Few quid, in his 50s but you could tell who pulled the strings in that relationship, and it certainly wasn't him

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I have just been to the Louis Vuitton shop in New Bond Street this afternoon. I actually saw a Filipina in there with her husband/partner/gentleman friend, mid-20s and she was a looker who knew she looked hot, her partner was a Brit. Few quid, in his 50s but you could tell who pulled the strings in that relationship, and it certainly wasn't him
    I bet he has to send a lot of wonga to Pinas every month

Probably, he looked affluent, and I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks because it's what she was looking at, and they walked out with a purchase. I wonder if she would be with him if he worked in Tesco such is life

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Probably, he looked affluent, and I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks because it's what she was looking at, and they walked out with a purchase. I wonder if she would be with him if he worked in Tesco such is life
    Would Melania Trump be married to dopey Donald if he had a job sauntering down the High St slapping parking tickets onto cars? No way Jose. Money talks, but we all know that.

I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks
    At that price, the explosives must be included!

Pair of flip-flops in there, bog standard but with LV on them......£305 it's all in the marketing

Pair of flip-flops in there bog standard but with LV on them......£305 it's all in the marketing
    Who would want the name of an insurance company on their flip-flops?

People with lots of cash I guess

Multi-Zillionaires probably, with money to burn. Oh how the other half live.

Last edited by Arthur Little; 12th November 2017 at 10:00. Reason: Inadvertently hit Edit key intending to reply but didn't - apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Oh how the other half live.
    Yup, it's hard sometimes, but I bear the burden

Yup, it's hard sometimes, but I bear the burden
    ... d'you mean you bear the brunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... d'you mean you bear the brunt?
    No Arthur I did get A level English so I know what I bear. I know you used to edit my posts without asking brunt means the main impact of a specified action, burden is what I mean and bear, burden as in a heavy load (of cash, I wish. )

No Arthur I did get A level English so I know what I bear. I know you used to edit my posts without asking brunt means the main impact of a specified action, burden is what I mean and bear, burden as in a heavy load (of cash, I wish. )
    Yes, , I used to alter some of your posts; NOT their content, I would hasten to add, ... rather your style of presentation, i.e., your habit of ramming words together at times - without any proper spacing between them - which irked me and, to my mind, looked untidy to a reader's eye.

Irked? Your a mod Arthur, my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity, its how one character is defined from another online. What someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all, i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another

Irked?Your a mod Arthur,my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity,its how one character is defined from another online,what someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all,i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another
    Please can someone change the spelling of your to you're, it's really beginning to irk

Irked? Your a mod Arthur, my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity, its how one character is defined from another online. What someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all, i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another
    I always thought you were typing from your phone hence the style. What really singles you out though is that pink shirt!

I always thought you were typing from your phone hence the style. What really singles you out though is that pink shirt!
    Only real men can wear pink

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    YOUR having a laugh!

YOUR having a laugh!
    Oh no I isnt

You know it,that t-shirt is salmon,thats my son and he is a real man,skydiving,diving with sharks,lots of girlfriends,and he is going to be a doctor I don't think he gives a toss what colour shirt he is wearing,the world is at his feet,as he said he has unlimited access to all of those nurses soon,they all love a Dr
    As for grammar police.....................Really?

That's a malicious rumour, my grammar was never in the police, it was my granddad

That's a malicious rumour, my grammar was never in the police, it was my granddad
    How irksome

Oh no I isnt
    Wrong spilling,its "Oh no I aren't"

Please can someone change the spelling of your to you're, it's really beginning to irk
    really bugs me too ... as does the omission of an apostrophe in "its" when, e.g., it's being applied to a shortened form of "it is". Likewise, it grates seeing the personal pronoun typed "i" and/or the further use of small case characters for the initial letters of proper nouns - such as the names of people or places.

C'mon man ... having 'A~Level English, you're bound to know as well as I do, the traits I've just described AREN'T ever correct in ANY grammatical circumstances.

Moreover, for the record, I happen to possess the Scottish equivalent of an 'A-Level' in the same subject , viz:- SCE English at Higher Grade.

C'mon man Arthur your so "street" you should have been a proof reader

So that's your son in the pic is it Tawi? I think I'd make up a fib too if I had a photo of me wearing a pink shirt .

In all seriousness, the pink shirt comments are banter. No offence intended.

Actually, I've worn pink in the past. Yes, I do miss wearing that salmon coloured ra-ra skirt I once owned.

Back to being serious. I did have a pastille pink v-neck sweater at one time and it was my favourite item of clothing.

Wearing pink though doesn't make you a real man like Simon is suggesting. To be a real man the individual obviously has to be irksome and to demonstrate poor examples of English grammar.

Arthur your so "street" you should have been a proof reader
    Hmmmmm ... ... probably you're spot-on there, in suggesting ^ that!

... 'fraid at 73, the opportunity has long~gone now, though.

To be a real man the individual obviously has to be irksome and to demonstrate poor examples of English grammar.
    I have had my moments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information