Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Post Exit Clearance Visa - with a Balikbayan stamp.

I went to Marqee Mall, Clarke today to see about an exit clearance certificate as I have been here in Phils for over six months.

First off, the immigration offices are closed on Saturday, so that was a bad move, but there was an immigration officer sat at a table who was able to give me some advice. He said that because I was holding a Balikbayan visa and leaving the Philippines before my 1 year was up, I did not need a clearance certificate.
    Apparently, if you enter the Philippines on a 30 day visa and extend and extend over the six month time, or in my case extended my Balikbayan for another six months then I would need an exit clearance certificate. Luckily though I am exiting before my year is up and don't need it.

I hope that helps anyone who was worried about that.

One more thing. If you extend and extend over the six month period, you automatically get an ACR-I card. Being on a Balikbayan visa you don't get one unless you extend again. The rules are just changing for the ACR-I card but this is what the official said today.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I went to Marqee Mall, Clarke today to see about an exit clearance certificate as I have been here in Phils for over six months.

First off, the immigration offices are closed on Saturday, so that was a bad move, but there was an immigration officer sat at a table who was able to give me some advice. He said that because I was holding a Balikbayan visa and leaving the Philippines before my 1 year was up, I did not need a clearance certificate.
    Apparently, if you enter the Philippines on a 30 day visa and extend and extend over the six month time, or in my case extended my Balikbayan for another six months then I would need an exit clearance certificate. Luckily though I am exiting before my year is up and don't need it.

I hope that helps anyone who was worried about that.

One more thing. If you extend and extend over the six month period, you automatically get an ACR-I card. Being on a Balikbayan visa you don't get one unless you extend again. The rules are just changing for the ACR-I card but this is what the official said today.
    's certainly reassuring news for many, Steve ...

Steve... Remember..A BB stamp is not a visa...It`s a privilege offered to Balikbayans, their spouses and dependants to stay visa free for one year.. No clearance certificate required to exit.

You cannot extend a BB stamp..But!! you can apply for a tourist visa after it expires..

Trusted Member
    Also, it is my understanding that an ACR-1 stamp/sticker/cert is usually required before being able to open a local bank account.

Thread Information