Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar

Travel Insurance

I have just asked for a Travel Insurance quote for my next visit to Phills, its come out as £346.56 thats for a 3 month stay in Phills, and that quote is from the Post Office... where do you guys get your Travel Insurance from ?.

Is there any travel insurance for both British and non British that I can avail? Suggestions please. Ta xx

I have searched online, and found World Nomads and IMG.
    The first I am wary on what I read. IMG only does medical insurance.
    What do people suggest?

Most UK companies don't cover foreign nationals.

Ohers bringing partners/girlfriends to UK, who did they use?
    Thanks in advance

Not to sure on the question here, if you are both living here and you are wanting insurance to travel just fill in the forms, ie, family, couple, single policy,

Thanks, Steve. Not too sure with my question either but I read one of the insurance provider's policy that it only applies to residents of UK. I don't know how they define 'resident' though

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    Thanks, Steve. Not too sure with my question either but I read one of the insurance provider's policy that it only applies to residents of UK. I don't know how they define 'resident' though
    Someone who is living here in England, Scotland, wales and northern Ireland and have got a postal address, that is what i think it means, but i am sure someone will come along and say if its right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    I don't know how they define 'resident' though
    Generally speaking for most travel insurance policies a UK resident is understood to be:-
    - someone who has their main home in the UK
    - someone who has lived in the UK for 183 days (6 months) out of the last 12 months.
    - someone who is registered with a UK GP
    - someone who is allowed re-entry to the UK beyond the life of the policy

So many different policies though so would be wise to check with the specific insurance company you want.

World Nomads and IMG (Europe) have policies. Frankly, I'm struggling to find a good policy.

maybe you could try this website http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...avel-insurance
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 17th August 2017 at 14:41. Reason: Thread Merged With Others on this Subject

Thread Information