Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Barrio Fiesta, Perth!

... thanks to an invitation from a Filipina friend of Myrna's, she and I had the pleasure of attending this event (held the last Saturday of July) at the weekend.

... GREAT day out, it was too - the third gathering of its kind to be hosted in the aptly~named modern church premises of the Fair City's Riverside Church on the banks of Scotland's longest inland waterway, the Tay - attracting several hundred Filipinos of all ages living locally.

Aside from copious amounts of mouthwatering Asian delicacies (including lechon from a very LARGE spit~roasted pig) with, of course, plenty refreshing soft drinks to wash it all down, there was much~enjoyed family entertainment, consisting of singing, dancing ... and even a tug o' war to cater for the more energetic types.

Amazingly, back in the days when the forum was a lot busier, we'd receive frequent posts [normally] from youngish Pinay newlyweds arriving in the UK ... enquiring as to whereabouts they'd be most likely to meet other Philippine nationals within the densely populated locations into which they had settled.

Yet ... ... it seems there would've been NO problems on that score, if living in a smaller city - of an approximately similar size to Perth.

For whatever reason there seems to be barely any postings of Barrio festivals on here. I get the impression people visit this site if they have a problem then when its sorted they vanish into thin air until the next time. I don't have a problem with that. I enjoy trying to offer advice but it would be nice, if they stayed around to let us know how they are getting along in there lives.

I can think of one guy (forget his name) who literally bombarded this site with questions some 12 months or so ago. Since he got married he too has disappeared into thin air..

I will start a few topics soon, but they will be of a personal nature so you will have to bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post

I will start a few topics soon, but they will be of a personal nature so you will have to bear with me.
    GOOD on you, Harry ... new threads/topics (personal or otherwise) are ALWAYS !

Shame people don't tend to stick around. However when I first joined seeking advise on marriage to a fillipino. And then the subsequent questions regarding obtaining a spouse visa, the site was very busy. Infact a question asked would have a dozen replies in no time at all.

Then once I no longer needed help with anything I still hung around. Mainly because I tried to help the odd few, plus I find some posters write interesting things.... Sometimes but a lot of those posters seemed to have either left completely now, or just post once in a while.

I still visit the forum daily. But only briefly now.

Thread Information