Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: United Airlines

United Airlines

Looking for flights and United keeps coming up for where we are wanting to go. Nothing booked yet, but would you travel with this airline after all the news they have been involved in?

I have looked for reviews and they are not good either.

So would you use this airline?

Respected Member
    I assume for flying to the US? United is probably the last airline I'd choose, but they will get your there OK. Virgin used to be best on trans-Atlantic routes but they haven't moved on and the others have passed them. BA = Heathrow terminal 5 - not too bad. United = Heathrow terminal 2 = much nicer IMO. Summary, not much decent choice really.

I recently flew Norwegian Air to Vegas from Gatwick (company event, not holiday). I didn't know what to expect, but since the ticket was less than half the price of the major airlines and it was a newish 787 I took it. It was actually quite good, as good as Virgin and BA are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I assume for flying to the US? United is probably the last airline I'd choose, but they will get your there OK. Virgin used to be best on trans-Atlantic routes but they haven't moved on and the others have passed them. BA = Heathrow terminal 5 - not too bad. United = Heathrow terminal 2 = much nicer IMO. Summary, not much decent choice really.

I recently flew Norwegian Air to Vegas from Gatwick (company event, not holiday). I didn't know what to expect, but since the ticket was less than half the price of the major airlines and it was a newish 787 I took it. It was actually quite good, as good as Virgin and BA are these days.
    Yes I have seen their prices and flights and never heard of Norwegian either, but that's the route we are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Looking for flights and United keeps coming up for where we are wanting to go. Nothing booked yet, but would you travel with this airline after all the news they have been involved in?

I have looked for reviews and they are not good either.

So would you use this airline?
    Out of principle, no. The thuggish way they treated that doctor on board a flight was incomprehensible.

Respected Member
    Go for it. The only issue with that Norwegian flight is Gatwick Airport - which is a dump that makes LHR T3 seem delightful (Immigration is no fun either). I recommend staying in a local Premier Inn or similar the night before the flight to Vegas to save 'check in' stress.

Thread Information