Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Who shops at Morrisons?

Morrison's has been named as one of the worst shops to visit in Britain, I wonder why?
    I have been in there a few times and like any other shop it all depends on what time you go in if there will be queues.

At the other end of the list towards the top is Richer Sounds, a great shop to go into for that bargain sound system or tv.

We occasionally go to Morrison's. Only because it is around the corner from us.... Before we moved I had never stepped foot in one. To be honest if it wasn't for the convenience of it to me I wouldn't bother, I find it cluttered and unorganised.
    We mostly use Lidl now and Tesco every so often to top up. Morrison's for those things not in Lidl as Tesco isn't on our doorstep.

Trusted Member
    I don't have one near to me now, but as a grocery rep in my youth, I used to go and see Mr.Morrison himself at their very first store, at John St. market in Bradford.

I also called on the very first ASDA store in the UK (created by Associated Dairies, based in Hull... hence the name) ... at Pudsey, near Leeds/Bradford.

Asda had a total of 7 stores at that time. (early 70s), and I think Morrisons had 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I don't have one near to me now, but as a grocery rep in my youth, I used to go and see Mr.Morrison himself at their very first store, at John St. market in Bradford.

I also called on the very first ASDA store in the UK (created by Associated Dairies, based in Hull... hence the name) ... at Pudsey, near Leeds/Bradford.

Asda had a total of 7 stores at that time. (early 70s), and I think Morrisons had 2 or 3.
    Never knew that Graham how Asda came by that name

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Morrison's has been named as one of the worst shops to visit in Britain, I wonder why?
    I have been in there a few times and like any other shop it all depends on what time you go in if there will be queues.

At the other end of the list towards the top is Richer Sounds, a great shop to go into for that bargain sound system or tv.
    Used Richer Sounds for many years, got at least 6 of their free mugs

Rarely use Morrisons mostly because there is not one close to me.. I used one in Eastbourne 2 weeks ago, only because it was the first one I came to when visiting the Speedway down there.

Cannot beat Aldi in my eyes.

Trusted Member
    Likewise... mainly because they were kind enough to open one in our village last year.

It could have something to do with the 1500 new houses currently under construction a couple of hundred yards along the road. Handy for us existing residents though.

I went into our local Aldi just after 9.30pm the other night, and it was great, ok there was not as many veg out in the baskets, but I did not want loads, after spending just over £40 we were back at home just before 10am.

Thread Information