Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

When you go for a interview

There are many things that you should do when going for a interview and I am sure we all have our own ideas what they should be too.
    We have just put a add for new drivers and we have had quite a few who seem to be interested.
    The first interview was a chap who came in at 7am and it was a hectic interview from yours truly and trying to cope with the drivers and there cry baby ways, well the odd swear world came out, but we are all grown up and drivers too, so it is nothing new I am sure.
    Anyway this chap starts on the 29th so my way seemed to have worked.
    The next interview was later on in the day and again we was busy so he had to sit in the office with everything happening around this chap.
    He was a older laid back sort of chap flat chap full beard and sitting back in his chair, and he had done everything too.
    Well the next minute his mobile phone started ringing, after looking into a few pockets rather then saying sorry and switching it of he had a full conversation with his partner, well what seemed like a good few minutes and knowing what he was having for his tea, he then switch it off put it back in his pocket then look up and said where were we.
    As I was not the one giving the interview I had to say something to this bloke, and it was not about his tea.
    You don't walk into a interview with your phone switched on in my eyes.
    He will not get the job.
    We have a third interview on Monday, this chap is class 1 for his ADR license and draw bar experience too, he told me his wage and I said we can't match that but after I told him what the wage was and no nights out , plus no weekend work and 47 hour week, he was happy, and that is what he is looking for.
    His work he does starts Monday at 3am and he gets homes on the Saturday at midnight, never getting home in the week and he wants a change, money is not everything is it.

That made me laugh that bloke and his phone... I would have personally kicked him out there and then as soon as he answered it.

Money certainly isn't everything as I am finding out. I am not minding my current job so much. It's the most easiest job I have ever done in my entire life, compared to my last job it's a holiday camp compared to life on death row.
    However where as I used to do 4 or 5 days a week 12 hour shifts with 4 or 5 days off in between. I am now doing 8 hour shifts with 7 hours on a Friday and weekends off.
    Downside is I am down about a third on my wages a month. Upside is by changing jobs and moving away from London I managed to move to a bigger home which although taking into account the drop in wages, we are managing in the short term.

That chap with the phone, maybe he didnt want a job but attending interview to satisfy job seekers requirements,

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    That chap with the phone, maybe he didnt want a job but attending interview to satisfy job seekers requirements,
    Not too sure about that Stuart , he came from Kirby in Ash, which on a good day is a good 30 minute drive , and on a bad one with traffice could be getting on for 45 minutes .

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    That made me laugh that bloke and his phone... I would have personally kicked him out there and then as soon as he answered it.

Money certainly isn't everything as I am finding out. I am not minding my current job so much. It's the most easiest job I have ever done in my entire life, compared to my last job it's a holiday camp compared to life on death row.
    However where as I used to do 4 or 5 days a week 12 hour shifts with 4 or 5 days off in between. I am now doing 8 hour shifts with 7 hours on a Friday and weekends off.
    Downside is I am down about a third on my wages a month. Upside is by changing jobs and moving away from London I managed to move to a bigger home which although taking into account the drop in wages, we are managing in the short term.
    Thats a lot to lose, but if you are doing well without, the move was right.

Thread Information