Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exercise and diet has gone out of the window

1 week and 1 day i have been exercising and doing my best to eat the right things and the big way in was today well, Emma has lost 1lb and as she is such a loving wife i think she has given it to me.
    How the hell can i put on a 1lb.
    Tonight shall i get a takeaway or persevere .

Talking of that which we wernt, i tried some jeans on earlier this week, which i had just washed, no way could i get the button to fasten, i though damn they have shrunk, anyways i was due to but a couple of pairs so off i went to Matalan, tried on 4 different pairs of 34 waist, jeeeeez they had all shrunk so i tried a couple of pairs of 36s they both fitted me, but looking in the mirror a good gust of wind would blow me away, they were so baggy, not for me, hence the other way now is to cut out all the Chocs and sweet stuffs, get my midriff to shrink to match my clothes.

I blame it on the tumble dryer...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Talking of that which we wernt, i tried some jeans on earlier this week, which i had just washed, no way could i get the button to fasten, i though damn they have shrunk, anyways i was due to but a couple of pairs so off i went to Matalan, tried on 4 different pairs of 34 waist, jeeeeez they had all shrunk so i tried a couple of pairs of 36s they both fitted me, but looking in the mirror a good gust of wind would blow me away, they were so baggy, not for me, hence the other way now is to cut out all the Chocs and sweet stuffs, get my midriff to shrink to match my clothes.
    We are who we are, content and fat,

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I blame it on the tumble dryer...
    I blame it on the rice, the chicken, the sausages , the ice cream, the biscuits , the chocs, the migit gems .

I bought some clothes in the sales late last year for a trip to the Phils in April, i cut out milk, cheese and crisps from my diet in Jan becuase I knew the clothes would be a tight fit , weeks before my trip, I'd only lost half a stone ,

so I bought a MI band 2 and got on the tread mill for 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins at night, in just over 6 wks i'd lost 2 stone

I set a target of 16,000+ steps a day and I managed it for 20 days straight
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I bought some clothes in the sales late last year for a trip to the Phils in April, i cut out milk, cheese and crisps from my diet in Jan becuase I knew the clothes would be a tight fit , weeks before my trip, I'd only lost half a stone ,

so I bought a MI band 2 and got on the tread mill for 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins at night, in just over 6 wks i'd lost 2 stone

A large pair of trousers and a belt i am thinking of , just in case i loose the weight i have the belt to hold them up.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

How far is 16,000 steps about ? I dont mind walking, but jogging my knees wont stand it..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    How far is 16,000 steps about ? I dont mind walking, but jogging my knees wont stand it..
    well i've managed nearly 15,000 steps today and it says i've walked 12.2km

I think many places recommend you walk 8-10,000 steps a day
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33154510
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I think 5000 steps is a mile, but it depends on one's measured stride per step

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I think 5000 steps is a mile, but it depends on one's measured stride per step
    I've just taken the dogs for a walk seperately ( one pulls you the other one you have to drag ). I took them to the Cemetery near me, thats 0.7 miles away, my Mi band says i've walked 4900 steps and that its 4.2km .

so 0.7 miles * 4 (2 trips there and 2 back) = 2.8 miles

2.8 miles is 4.5km, so roughly i'm .3km out

I'd recommend a MI band 2, for the price you cannot get anything better

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thank You Joe, I wasn't 100% sure, will try to find out how I came across the figure I quoted

Thread Information