Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: What a wet day

What a wet day

Driving for 2 hours to sit inside a house for 10 hours, but if its to wet why then go out to get wet.
    Other then that a nice day at my daughters new house.
    A new home and a garden to sort out , trees to chop down but where to get rid of the branches , i have told them to get a tree surgeon in to get a price , could work out cheaper in the long run, rather then for the nest 3 months of chopping and rubbish tips.
    Be interesting what he may charge.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Driving for 2 hours to sit inside a house for 10 hours, but if its too wet why then go out to get wet.
    Other than that a nice day at my daughters new house.
    A new home and a garden to sort out, trees to chop down but where to get rid of the branches, i have told them to get a tree surgeon in to get a price, could work out cheaper in the long run, rather than for the next 3 months of chopping and rubbish tips.
    Be interesting what he may charge.
    Hmm ... pretty expensive - I should imagine - if what we paid (£250) for a similar job is anything to go by.

And was several years ago!

I have a few arborists as friends,surrey is a leafy county,and affluent,the combination produces lots of fly-by-night tree-surgeons I heard a story last year,guy wanted an oak felling,got a decent quote,couple of do-as-you-likeys turned up,started to trim the lower branches and came to a particularly large limb which they roped and proceeded to chainsaw off,it broke from the tree the rope halted its fall..............and swung it into the side of the garage doing damage to the roof and breaking a window the lads said they had to go get some equipment for some reason they didn't return,didnt answer the mobile,obviously no insurance Try and get an ARB registered team,i know the climbers are on around £125 a day in this area so your looking at chipper,ground-crew etc I think that's why the cash mounts up.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I can see a few weekends traveling up there with my saw and gloves then.

Arborists are like plumbers or mechanics,when asked to price a job there will be a sharp intake of breath drawn in over pursed lips,then they are going to think of a number X's it by 2,subtract a fiver if they think their price is extortionate,add a tenner if they think the house and you look affluent enough,add a hundred quid if your wearing a decent watch,then pretend they are doing you a favour when they present you with a price they think will bankrupt you

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Get a chimneya and burn them of at leisure....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Get a chimneya and burn them of at leisure....
    I told them to hire a garden shredder , the trouble is they need me there to say "right lets get this done now".
    But being 2 hours away on a good day, it will take some planning.plus do i want this

When i brought the house i am in there was trees and broke fences too, i just dug a hole at the top of the garden and ever evening i started burning everything in that hole, the kids loved it and i have some great pictures of them getting stuck in helping.

Thread Information