Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Abu sayyaf spreading their tentacles?

Just saw this,latest government travel advisory concerning pinas,my sis is on her flight as I type this heading for Cebu and she will visit siquijor,i heard the siquijor terrorist gossip a few months back but put it down to island tsismis as everyone gossips on that place,also been told there have been one or two clashes between troops on Bohol with 4+ dead from someone I consider a credible source,anyone with concrete news?

Kidnap groups in the Sulu archipelago have sought to expand their reach including by working with affiliates to abduct foreign nationals from one area of the Philippines before transporting the victims to another. Attacks have created concerns that groups have the capability to target places visited by tourists in southern Palawan and central Visayas, including Siquijor and Dumaguete.
    On 9 April 2017, the US Embassy in Manila advised its citizens it had received “unsubstantiated yet credible information that terrorist groups may attempt to conduct kidnappings in Central Visayas, which includes both Cebu and Bohol provinces”.
    On 11 April 2017, the Philippine authorities clashed with gunmen on the island of Bohol resulting in fatalities.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Just saw this,latest government travel advisory concerning pinas,my sis is on her flight as I type this heading for Cebu and she will visit siquijor,i heard the siquijor terrorist gossip a few months back but put it down to island tsismis as everyone gossips on that place,also been told there have been one or two clashes between troops on Bohol with 4+ dead from someone I consider a credible source,anyone with concrete news?

Kidnap groups in the Sulu archipelago have sought to expand their reach including by working with affiliates to abduct foreign nationals from one area of the Philippines before transporting the victims to another. Attacks have created concerns that groups have the capability to target places visited by tourists in southern Palawan and central Visayas, including Siquijor and Dumaguete.
    On 9 April 2017, the US Embassy in Manila advised its citizens it had received “unsubstantiated yet credible information that terrorist groups may attempt to conduct kidnappings in Central Visayas, which includes both Cebu and Bohol provinces”.
    On 11 April 2017, the Philippine authorities clashed with gunmen on the island of Bohol resulting in fatalities.
    O dear, looks like Ems was right, Bohol is not the place to be. plus i have lots of friends in Dumaguete too

Yes Tawi, there is something kicking off right now on Bohol, a friend of mine cant sleep because she says gunfire and bombs dropping all day and into the night, she lives in Clarin the next Town to Inabanga, scary times for them with Terrorists on the loose. .

My sis is going to Cebu and siquijor,she arrives in mactan today,abu Sayyaf for whatever reason seem to be sending cells north,and I know how handy they are with bombs from my time in cotabato and ARMM.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    O dear, looks like Ems was right, Bohol is not the place to be. plus i have lots of friends in Dumaguete too
    If you really want to live in the Phils someday Steve,choose somewhere way north of Manila.. Manila itself,I would not recommend or ANY big city as they are ALL potential targets with large populations and crowds to bomb or drive a big heavy truck into.
    This latest terrorist group invading Inubanga went a bit wrong for them IMO..I reckon they were sent here (covertly) to coincide the 3 day ASEAN meeting here (with all the big knobs) in a few days time.. Had their plans worked out,the publicity would have been as big as the attack in Paris.. Fortunately,the locals raised their suspicions with their Barangay captains whom alerted the military real quick..
    These days,I doubt there is a safe place in the world to live if you are an infidel.. They will try and kill us wherever we try to live or hide.
    R.I.P to the brave Filipino soldiers and Police that died defending us yesterday..
    Stay safe.

INABANGA, Bohol-The clash between government troopers and suspected members of the bandit group Abu Sayyaf in Sitio Ilaya, in the remote village of Napo, Inabanga town, Bohol was not yet over, more than 24 hours since the fighting started.
    No one can come in and out of the village as both the police and the military had cordoned the village located 10 km from the national highway.
    Senior Insp. Jojit Mananquil, deputy head of the provincial intelligence branch of the Bohol Police Provincial Office (BPPO), said Special Action Force from Manila had arrived while the last airstrike occurred at 4:40 a.m. on Wednesday.
    Hopefully, he added, the armed men would be “neutralized” by Wednesday.

Read more: http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/12...#ixzz4e06xBYg5
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Thanks Fred for the updates,

Yup,ta fred I remember when duterte was mayor of Davao and was all for negotiating with abu sayyaf and the NPA and suchlike and was quoted as saying the abu Sayyaf are not criminals

Lots of links to this so its not fake news,unless he says he was kidding again he is a brick short of a hod
    http://www.asianews.network/content/...riminals-22081

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Lots of links to this so its not fake news,unless he says he was kidding again he is a brick short of a hod
    http://www.asianews.network/content/...riminals-22081
    But he also says there will come a day when he has to confront them, surely thats what he has been doing on Jolo ?, and again here on Bohol, thats one thing about DU30 he doesnt duck an issue, when he has to face a problem he usually does it front on..

great just great, getting ready to go back to phils, planned visiting bohol and cebu, of corse malaybalay first,

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    But he also says there will come a day when he has to confront them, surely thats what he has been doing on Jolo ?, and again here on Bohol, thats one thing about DU30 he doesnt duck an issue, when he has to face a problem he usually does it front on..

Not so sure about that any more that Harry..Looks like he pretty
    much disregarded US intel and warnings before his trip to rag head land (or misinterpreted them)..

“But right now, we don’t see any terror threat,” the military chief added.

ADVERTISEMENT

President Duterte likewise downplayed the US travel warning, saying the government could handle any terror threats.
    “Kaya natin ang threat of terrorism. Why should you worry about the (US) embassy? I should be worrying about my country, not the (American embassy),” the President said.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/888414/...#ixzz4e560FwCe
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Its common knowledge in Davao that he is a muslim sympathiser you cant talk to fanatics,you cant bargain with them,you cant reason with them,fight fire with fire.

Thread Information