Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Always next time.......

just learnt that we can get a train down to Singapore from Bangkok for 40 quid, two day journey thats cheap as chips, or we can get to Bangkok by train in 3 weeks for several hundred quid, both trips are going to be given serious consideration for the end of the year taking the Bkk-chiang mai sleeper train tomorrow night

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

You do get about, who are you travelling with.

With my kid steve,he is doing exceptionally well in Uni this is his reward,but we are planning the singapore-Bkk trip for later in the year,we are here for a good time not a long time as the ozzies say.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Must be one of the best things out sharing your life with a son who is interested in the things you are.
    My son is a lazy bugger and that's down to his mum and grandma and grandad, but i still love the lazy sod,
    Now my daughter's they will try and share everything with in reason that i may want to do.

I was shooting on the range an hour or so ago Steve,my kids idea, he is a physical outdoors sort of kid but loves study and books, he doesn't drink nor smoke,his aim is to graduate as a Dr I think he is going to get there

Sounds like you are teaching him well, and the rest is down to him

On the Bkk-chiang mai train at the moment,we depart hua lumphong in an hour or so,nice sleeper cabin,also in the station is the eastern and oriental express the train that goes Bkk-singapore,beautiful old train,fantastic period interior,i am definately doing that trip,the interior of the cabins sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    On the Bkk-chiang mai train at the moment,we depart hua lumphong in an hour or so,nice sleeper cabin,also in the station is the eastern and oriental express the train that goes Bkk-singapore,beautiful old train,fantastic period interior,i am definately doing that trip,the interior of the cabins sealed the deal.
    Get some pictures.

The cabins look terrific but they should for $2,500 per person....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    The cabins look terrific but they should for $2,500 per person....
    Some people have too much money, what's the price for sitting on the roof

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Very nice,

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    That's an Indian special....

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I did that rooftop Indian train years ago i am lucky at the moment as I can afford that Singapore trip, staying in a beautiful old teak Thai house at the moment, booked the full bungalow,dawn champagne balloon flight Friday morning even though I will pass on the champers, life is good, back to uk in a few weeks.

I did that rooftop Indian train years ago i am lucky at the moment as I can afford that Singapore trip, staying in a beautiful old teak Thai house at the moment, booked the full bungalow,dawn champagne balloon flight Friday morning even though I will pass on the champers, life is good, back to uk in a few weeks.
    Life is indeed good, but its down to ourselves to make it this way.

Sounds great, enjoy....

Brought the balloon flight forward to this morning as they had vacancies, had a great flight, landing at a rough airfield we saw 3 microlights coming in to land one of the Chinese girl balloon passengers points and says we fly?I was sitting drinking coffee while she took off, i spoke to an exceptionally pretty Thai microlight pilot, she learnt to fly at 14 years old, she solo'd in 20 hours had a really nice breakfast, then the rest had champagne while I hand fed what was probably several hundred koi tilapia and red tailed catfish on the edge of a pristine landscaped lake, nice morning.

Brought the balloon flight forward to this morning as they had vacancies, had a great flight, landing at a rough airfield we saw 3 microlights coming in to land one of the Chinese girl balloon passengers points and says we fly?I was sitting drinking coffee while she took off, i spoke to an exceptionally pretty Thai microlight pilot, she learnt to fly at 14 years old, she solo'd in 20 hours had a really nice breakfast, then the rest had champagne while I hand fed what was probably several hundred koi tilapia and red tailed catfish on the edge of a pristine landscaped lake, nice morning.
    Living the dream indeed.

Thread Information