Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

PAL London - Manila

I believe PAL have removed the new planes they used on this route to use elsewhere, they are apparently now using 25+ years old planes :( I booked my flights to Manila for August and Xmas before I heard about this.

Anyone any information as how these flights are now. Any major differences ??

Sorry cannot help, that's some old planes,

Friend of mine flew from manila-Bangkok last week,he said the planes are old with no TV's in the back of the seats and their inflight meal was a snack,cake I think?Why did PAL originally stop flying Fil-UK was it unpaid fuel bills?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Seems PAL uses their Airbus A340-300 for London routes

These planes are definitely not 25 years old, but they are the oldest planes in the PAL fleet.
    The ages vary between 15 years old and 17 years old

They have been refurbished and revamped at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Friend of mine flew from manila-Bangkok last week,he said the planes are old with no TV's in the back of the seats and their inflight meal was a snack,cake I think?Why did PAL originally stop flying Fil-UK was it unpaid fuel bills?
    As far as I know the planes used by PAL for Manila/Bangkok are Airbus A321 and Airbus A330
    Both relatively new in the PAL fleet.

What plane did he board ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As far as I know the planes used by PAL for Manila/Bangkok are Airbus A321 and Airbus A330

I don't know what plane he boarded,i do know it left manila late earning the old Philippines Always Late PAL joke,i will find out when I speak to him,i have some mates arriving tomorrow also from Pinas,i will ask them when they get here.I was wrong about PAL being banned from UK for fuel debt,they were banned from EU airspace over safety concerns.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I thought it was not meeting some safety standards...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I thought it was not meeting some safety standards...
    Yes, EU regulations about flight and airline safety. Maintenance/documentation/records etc. I have flown LHR<>MNL and while it might be direct I find it a bit too much at 195cm tall in economy. Especially the return leg which last time took 15hr 45 mins. I'm also not 100% convinced about their safety and maintenance compared with the leading players.

We fly via the Middle East now from BHX. In fact Rose is boarding a DXB>MNL flight with Emirates at this very moment.

Respected Member
    Seems PAL uses their Airbus A340-300 for London routes

These planes are definitely not 25 years old, but they are the oldest planes in the PAL fleet.
    The ages vary between 15 years old and 17 years old

They have been refurbished and revamped at least once.
    I guess 15/17 years old is better than 25 But if I had a choice of driving a car from 2000 or this years model I know which one I would prefer. That's probably the reason why my BC seats were so cheap :( Done now so will have to go with it this year

Quote Originally Posted by gm47 View Post
    I guess 15/17 years old is better than 25 But if I had a choice of driving a car from 2000 or this years model I know which one I would prefer. That's probably the reason why my BC seats were so cheap :( Done now so will have to go with it this year
    Flying remains by far the safest mode of transport and PAL continues to be under very close scrutiny for safety by the EU

Stop worrying and enjoy the direct flight

Respected Member
    Flying remains by far the safest mode of transport and PAL continues to be under very close scrutiny for safety by the EU

Stop worrying and enjoy the direct flight
    Cheers but I'm not worried about flying at all 👍 I've flown so many times well over 100 + flights most long haul.
    I was really asking about comfortablity, meals etc. Older planes don't have the pitch,space or facilities of modern aircraft.
    Safety is obviously something you have to think about but once you're in the air what will be will be 😀

I will still enjoy my trip whatever it's like. 👍👍

Put your flight details into Seatguru and that will give you all them information you're after

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Put your flight details into Seatguru and that will give you all them information you're after
    A good site to find a good seat

Confirmed by a second source, my mates sitting beside me drinking coffee, no TV on the manila-bkk flights, he says they seem refurbished planes, not new at all.

A lick of paint and she's as good as new.....

We deliver to plane sprayers and they do make a great job, like you say good as new, but it's everything else that is still old.

We used pal December yes the plane are old and looked like it had never been refurbished our return flight was cancelled so pal had to transfer us to virgin Atlantic and the food was not fit to eat.

IMG_0620.jpgIMG_0621.jpgIMG_0623.jpg
    As life is to live so love is to give

Yes,three people in the last couple of weeks have told me the flight and service were shoddy Alan,and I have a pic of the planes interior, looks very similar to the one you posted,PAL should take a leaf out of Thai airways book

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    We used pal December yes the plane are old and looked like it had never been refurbished our return flight was cancelled so pal had to transfer us to virgin Atlantic and the food was not fit to eat.

How awful, how can they put aircraft in service that are in this condition, disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post

Thats a nice looking trainer that person is wearing .

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Thats a nice looking trainer that person is wearing .
    My kid who is an afficianado of training shoes said it looks like a nike AIRMAX 90

My kid who is an afficianado of training shoes said it looks like a nike AIRMAX 90
    It's amazing what you can see once you look at the picture property.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    The reviews are correct, I never feel safe on any Philippine Airline,

Cebu Pacific, Philippine airlines and sea air i have used over in the Philippines, and i have lived to tell the story too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Cebu Pacific, Philippine airlines and sea air i have used over in the Philippines, and i have lived to tell the story too.
    A number of years ago I was in Zamboanga,waiting for a Cebu pacific flight to davao.....waited......waited......waited some more, several hours after the flight was due to arrive in davao we were told the flight was cancelled they flew us to manila, put us in a hotel for the night then flew us back down to davao almost a day late, the reason for the original flights cancellation was a human foetus in the planes toilet.

Thread Information