Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: So fed up

Respected Member

So fed up

i had got my holiday all booked what happened today Emirats call me to say my return flight had been removed I have been booked on a later flight got 7 hours in Dubai airport to look forward its life

Commiserations, waiting around Airport Lounges has to be one of my least favourite Occupations.

I'd ring Emirates up and ask for a complimentary invite to their lounge to make up for any inconvenience. Least they can do really

Or at least suggest to them that you assume you'll be getting lounge access as you now have such a long stop over, maybe even go as far to suggest access to their hotel (located within the airport) to make up for the delays

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I'd ring Emirates up and ask for a complimentary invite to their lounge to make up for any inconvenience. Least they can do really

Or at least suggest to them that you assume you'll be getting lounge access as you now have such a long stop over, maybe even go as far to suggest access to their hotel (located within the airport) to make up for the delays
    Good suggestion Simon

I Like it. Well worth a rep

I Like it. Well worth a rep

Thanks for the reps guys

Let's hope Leo has read it and gives their customer services dept a ring.

Trusted Member
    Better than missing the Emirates flight home, as I did last trip, then forking out another 300 quid PLUS 7 hours at the airport. :(

Flying back from Clark this time... and getting there early !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Better than missing the Emirates flight home, as I did last trip, then forking out another 300 quid PLUS 7 hours at the airport. :(

Flying back from Clark this time... and getting there early !
    Always better to be early then late

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    i had got my holiday all booked what happened today Emirats call me to say my return flight had been removed I have been booked on a later flight got 7 hours in Dubai airport to look forward its life
    I can think of a worst place to stay for 7 hours , infact i can think of many .

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I can think of a worst place to stay for 7 hours , infact i can think of many .
    Blackpool

Respected Member
    If you're waiting 7 hours during the daytime then go through immigration and buy a metro ticket, take the metro to somewhere like Dubai Mall, see the world's tallest building, get a nice lunch (lots of choices). Lots of other things to do for 7 hours (say 4 hours once you've got out of the airport and allowed time to get back in again). UK passport = no visa requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    If you're waiting 7 hours during the daytime then go through immigration and buy a metro ticket, take the metro to somewhere like Dubai Mall, see the *world's tallest building, get a nice lunch (lots of choices). Lots of other things to do for 7 hours (say 4 hours once you've got out of the airport and allowed time to get back in again). UK passport = no visa requirements.
    Good , Trefor ... now *that would be worth seeing!

Respected Member
    thanks for all the ideas I will check my flight times again would like to get out of the air port and see some thing

Thread Information