Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,736
    Rep Power
    150

    Calling All IT Experts

    By accident I found a little proggy in my Laptop startup menu that wasn't meant to be there.
    Strange that none of my anti-virus software picked up on it.

    It's called isMiners

    I disabled it so far but need to know how to eradicate this little critter for good.

    Any help will be appreciated


  2. #2
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,957
    Rep Power
    150
    Sorry Peter can't help,
    Just thinking on here, Fred have you still got your ant on your screen saver


  3. #3
    Respected Member imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    By accident I found a little proggy in my Laptop startup menu that wasn't meant to be there.
    Strange that none of my anti-virus software picked up on it.

    It's called isMiners

    I disabled it so far but need to know how to eradicate this little critter for good.

    Any help will be appreciated
    have you tried a google search, it is a virus, you might be able to find something about removal tools or how to remove, another thing you might be able to send it to your antivirus help for help


  4. #4
    Moderator fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South,North East,somewhere.
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    150
    Try this first Peter..Might take a while though!
    http://quickremovevirus.com/effectiv...id-of-isminer/


  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,736
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Try this first Peter..Might take a while though!
    http://quickremovevirus.com/effectiv...id-of-isminer/
    Thanks fred, I'll follow that through
    I did try to search for info but no success. You have a magic touch.


  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,736
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    have you tried a google search, it is a virus, you might be able to find something about removal tools or how to remove, another thing you might be able to send it to your antivirus help for help
    My problem was i couldn't get rid of it from everywhere.
    I did try quite a few but nothing would work
    Thanks anyway Stuart


  7. #7
    Respected Member jonnijon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    94
    Try a program called HITMAN PRO you can use it free for a single scan.


  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Marikina City
    Posts
    26,736
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Try a program called HITMAN PRO you can use it free for a single scan.
    Thanks for that.
    I actually followed the thread from fred and hopefully got rid of it for good.

    I've bookmarked HITMAN PRO and will see how that goes next time

    Thanks jonnijon for your input. Much appreciated


  9. #9
    Respected Member jonnijon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I actually followed the thread from fred and hopefully got rid of it for good.

    I've bookmarked HITMAN PRO and will see how that goes next time

    Thanks jonnijon for your input. Much appreciated
    You will often find left over bits from removed programs, just remove them manually if you wish they will not cause any problems.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. experts say high earthquake risk davao
    By imagine in forum News - Philippines
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 9th November 2015, 14:15
  2. Aircon experts here
    By tiger31 in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th May 2015, 10:20
  3. Any IT experts ?
    By grahamw48 in forum Humour
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st April 2013, 19:56
  4. Help from desktop PC experts please
    By Dedworth in forum Computer Help & Advice
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 3rd August 2010, 09:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum