Hi all,
I have had problems with lack of good sleep due to needing to wee many times during the night, this started back in about 1995, and having medication that did little to help!

For some but not all men, the prostrate grows larger and makes the flow of urine through it difficult.

I will skip the many notes I have on trying to get help and go to my operation this week on 8th March 2017.

The 'Transurethral Resection of Prostrate' operation went very smoothly after seeing various people at Pre Op Assessment unit and being told what 'could' go wrong and filling in consent forms, the Anaesthetist injected two fluids into my arm, and the next I knew I was being transferred onto a ward bed, with a catheter installed and two big bags of fluid being fed into the catheter to flush the water system out.

The operation was done via the urethra, with a laser of some sort, you are left temporally more incontinent than before! in pain on weeing and being constantly nagged at to drink more water!
The ward was a fairly new built small 4 bedded unit off a main control point, sleeping was like trying to sleep in the central island of a busy roundabout !.

The nurses were mostly Pilipino and all were brilliant nurses.
As I had been there we had many interesting conversations about the Philippines.

The catheter was removed at about 4. 45am on the 2nd day and my urine output was monitored into bottles.

One minute I was told I would need to stay another night then I was sent to the discharge lounge, where there was no way they would just let me leave the hospital by my own means as I had arrived!

My arranged transport home had gone out without his mobile phone and was not answering their calls to come collect me, I could easily have walked the 15 or so minute journey home, but they would not let me, so it ended with them arranging a taxi and wheeling me to it.

Was I pleased to be home, at least my dog who had been looked after by my eldest son moving in was pleased to see me.
Mick.