Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Another driver in the office.

We have this driver who has just started back with us, he used to be a foreman at our place but he left about 2 years ago to get married and to move further away.
    But the marriage did not work out and he left the home and came back to Derby.
    To cut a long story short , he got in touch with the owner and asked to come back, he was given a job as a driver and to see how the future works for him and us.
    Well all was well but a month or so back he wanted a holiday and he could not have the dates he wanted, well all hell broke loose and he was leaving, that settled itself down a little, but now hes playing up again, he leaves work when he wants ok its 10 mins here and there, but its being noticed by others.
    The final straw is he has a new lady friend up in Sheffield and his daily run is in that area, but he is going to her house everyday and staying there for longer then he should.
    Today it was down to me after a chat with the owner to try to sort this.
    Come into the office i asked and then said his working hours is from this time to that time and he is not going to his lady friends house no more with the company vehicle.
    Well what a answer i got back, " are you asking me to stop doing this " , yes i am i told him, " well it sounds like you are telling me i cant do this anymore".
    Well take it anyway you want it has to stop i said, answer " yer right we shall see".
    He will be gone with in a month i recon but thats his choosing.

With jobs so hard to get, he has a strange attitude indeed.
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    With jobs so hard to get, he has a strange attitude indeed.
    Mick.
    Some folk Mick dont know they have a good thing until they loose it. maybe if he went to his ladies hose twice a week and asking if its ok we would have said yes, but hey ho , i still have my job and thats all that matters really .

We live in an entitlement society,give people an inch and they take a mile,of course he cant use work time to visit his strumpet,whatever goes on inside his head that makes him think work time,for which he is paid to do a job,is flexi-time and he can do as he pleases in it?Firm but fair,stamp down on that behaviour ASAP the guy sounds a brick short of a hod,unable to rationalise properly

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    We live in an entitlement society,give people an inch and they take a mile,of course he cant use work time to visit his strumpet,whatever goes on inside his head that makes him think work time,for which he is paid to do a job,is flexi-time and he can do as he pleases in it?Firm but fair,stamp down on that behaviour ASAP the guy sounds a brick short of a hod,unable to rationalise properly
    The problem sometimes is no one likes to cause a atmosphere in the office or at work, well except me that is, i have no problems telling anyone if i think they are wrong,or if they have to do something they dont like to do.
    My biggest problem is when they start shouting and threatening to do this and do that , and even i will kill you , well then i treat them just like they are treating me.
    And yes many may say dont get down to there level but i started just like these folk we are in a industry where swearing is every other word.
    I am expecting his notice in the near future and yes it will be sad to loose him but he is part of a team and has to work as a team too.

Part of a team?He is a weak link,theres no I in team,TEAM Together Everyone Achieves More!!Atmosphere?He is paid for a job of work,f*** me he is lucky i am not the boss as i actively seek out confrontation at times if i think someone is taking the p***

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I've always maintained that the most difficult aspect of any supervisory or management is managing people.

There are so many aspects to each individual.

In any role demanding people management you need to choose your own style, share it and stick with it 100%
    Easier said than done.

Good luck Steve with this challenge

Well he's in work and all is well for now, but it's his choice on what he wants to do.
    I don't bare any gruges at work we are all here to get the jobs done, but I cannot tell someone how to run there life, they have to do that themselves.

Well it just gets better with this chap.
    He is now wanting a two holiday this coming April to go away with his partner, well we have a policy at work first come first served and those weeks we have are up to the limit so he cannot have it.
    This bloke does not understand , but remember he was a foreman at our place for years so he knows the rules. " why cant i have those weeks" he asked, look you cant have them there are too many off, that's it.
    He went further up the ladder to see if he can have those weeks but it came back to me to see what i think, "NO" simple.
    Again he will not give up.
    Last week he said he is going to make a official complaint about how i am treating him, and he still wants his holiday, well no complaint yet i am told by the owners .
    Well the other day he called the depot and i answered "I want a day of this week or i need to go on another run ", WE ARE SO SHORT STAFF I DONT THINK I CAN GIVE YOU A DAY OFF I SAID. I need it i am going for a interview for a new job.
    It seems now he has got this new job and if we dont give him his holiday he is giving his notice in, this bloke is a tw-t.
    The owner has asked again for my thoughts on this, "get rid of him now i said" , this will keep on happening again and again, well it seems he is not being allowed the holiday and we are expecting his notice ASAP.
    I do hope he was not thinking of calling our bluff on this and he may have thought we could not afford to lose him, but he is not part of a team and the sooner he knows the better.

The Old saying Steve One Bad Apple, comes to mind, just saying if you did give him this time off, therefore bending/breaking the rules, what happens when another Driver comes in for Whitsun week, and its fully booked how can you realistically refuse ?. Stick to your guns..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    The Old saying Steve One Bad Apple, comes to mind, just saying if you did give him this time off, therefore bending/breaking the rules, what happens when another Driver comes in for Whitsun week, and its fully booked how can you realistically refuse ?. Stick to your guns..
    It seems i am the only one who is sticking to my guns Harry,
    Just what you have said i told the owners too that this could happen with others, the bloke is trouble.
    It got to a stage where they owners was asking my opinion and if they gave in to him I was prepared to think hard about my position there .

Well its all kicked off.
    Before i start to write this be warned you may get bored and you may not comment on it anyway so i will save you the job of reading it.
    The driver had a final go at getting his holiday and he is what he said.
    I love this job and i am prepared to stay here till i retire, I am living in Derby so i can see my mum as she is getting on in years plus at weekends i will go to Sheffield to see his young lady, and he is committed to the company.

Sorry you still cannot have the holiday.

Out came his notice , a weeks notice he has given and his new job is in Sheffield driving , so he is moving back to Sheffield.
    His poor mother what will she do now , plus he is telling everyone who would listen what a mistake we are making letting him go and how short staffed we are and we will regret it.
    Some folk think so much of themselves dont they.
    Are you bored

You do get a fair share of sly characters at your place don't you Steve!

Constantly remind them who the Boss is and who pays the wages based on the hours they do.
    Let 'em shout and argue..Give them a verbal regardless..Then a written etc and then sack the .......s.

We had two agency at our place last couple weeks. One was ok, one was sh1t. Problem was the ok one couldn't drive, so he couldn't get to work unless the other one drove him in.
    So when my boss told the agency he wanted to keep the ok one for another few weeks but not the other, the ok one said no thanks because he couldn't get in without his mate!

Some people just don't want to work.

Still looking for drivers, some do not want to work.

Thread Information