Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

14 students killed in bus crash in Philippines

Tragic...

These incidents happen too often

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asea...in-philippines

Much too often...
    My advice..Buy a vehicle with 4 wheels and forget the Filipino bus..
    Ignore my words and risk your own life and those of your loved ones.
    You have been warned.

Sad news indeed,

Poor kids

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Sad and terrible incident RIP.

A foreigner here just lost his wife to one of these maniacs 2 weeks ago.. He filed a case and the bus company offered him 30K to drop it.
    He had to sit in the court room 3 ft away from the smirking,arrogant "driver" that had not one ounce of remorse.
    It would have been safer to allow an Orangutan to drive a bus IMO.

http://boholchronicle.com.ph/2016/09/09/11333/

You are right about not having a motorbike over there.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    You are right about not having a motorbike over there.
    Theres a piece of footage on liveleaks,a pinoy road,theres been an accident,it involves a guy wearing shorts and vest riding a motorbike,the guys lying propped up on the road on his elbows looks calm,whoever is filming walks down the road aways towards an object,you cant see what it is at first till the guy pics it up by the TOE,then takes the foot back to the guy lying on the road and places it beside him,the guy probably looks calm because he is in shock as thats when i looked at the stump and realised his foot had came off at the ankle
    Theres loads of pics online of an accident last year?in cebu a couple of corpses on the road,one guy is in several seperate pieces,motorbike accidents.
    A guy i know Rolfe from siquijor,swiss guy,knocked off his bike had a broken jaw and leg with other minor injuries,the person who hit him was also on a bike but rode off quickly after the accident leaving rolfe lying on the road.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

It amazes me when people post things like this on Facebook, body parts everywhere and the amount of folk taking pictures or video but not many helping the victim's.
    It's a sad world sometime .

It amazes me when people post things like this on Facebook, body parts everywhere and the amount of folk taking pictures or video but not many helping the victim's.
    It's a sad world sometime .
    Theres a very sad piece of footage on youtube of a middle aged guy washing up on the beach in dumaguete,no one pulls him ashore or drags him onto the beach to call the cops and cover his body,that would be my first reaction,he is just washing around in the surf while a large crowd including children gather,you can see i-phones appear in peoples hands as they film,some even take selfies with him in the background,but no one does a thing of note,they just stand looking,spectator sport.I saw a guy who had been shot in pinas years ago,maybe 15 years back on siquijor,thank goodnes there was no cam phones then or if they were they were a rarity as the crowd was huge,just watching.

Our Vincent was due to go on a 'tour' but we decided not to let him go. Last year we drove him to the tour destination and arrived safely. We then waited for 3 hours for the rest of the school to turn up in a bus. Apparently the bus driver took them completely the wrong way and didn't know where he was going. When they finally arrived we had already toured the church (special miracle place) and went home. Bus drivers here are crazy, but I ride my motor here with no problems, like in a car, you have to be aware of everything around you.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    but I ride my motor here with no problems, like in a car, you have to be aware of everything around you.
    You are a very experienced rider Steve having had your bike over here , and you do get that extra sense when you are in any vehicle .
    I too think i have that sense having had a bike for many years.
    But its the idiots that have no sense at all or think they are the greatest rider/driver.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 22nd February 2017 at 13:43. Reason: Inserted 'QUOTE' Opening bracket where appropriate.

Just my personal experience but on the question of motorcycles and safety here,
    you need full awareness and the determination not to take risks.
    Virtually all the motorbike riders here take far far too many obviously dangerous risks. Weaving in and out of traffic with just inches to spare is just inviting an accident IMHO
    Overtaking and undertaking with clearly visible oncoming traffic is another no brainer.

There's really no protection on a bike other than defensive driving. Which the majority of motorbike drivers do not do.
    Well actually most drivers on the road are too aggressive.

It has been mentioned that in this tragic accident some of the students had already asked the drive to slow down and be careful.
    Not saying it was the driver to blame, but so many drivers of passenger vehicles are just not trained.
    So many vehicles in public transportation are not adequately maintained/serviced either.

Just heard on the news that there'll be a major investigation into this bus accident.

Also The Commission on Higher Education has declared a moratorium on all field trips / educational tours following this accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Tragic...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asea...in-philippines
    ,terribly tragic ... made all the more so by the victims being youngsters.

When we hired a motorcycle over in panglao it was a experience, the bike was very well maytained too, two hats was provided and a little road test was given for me.
    The open road was calling.
    Off to see the chocolate hills,
    Never again but I did enjoy it the freedom but you had eyes everywhere, people walking dogs and traffic too.
    A car is much safer and cooler or warmer plus you can chat away to your heart's content. Well that depends who you are with too

When we hired a motorcycle over in panglao it was a experience, the bike was very well maytained too, two hats was provided and a little road test was given for me.
    The open road was calling.
    Off to see the chocolate hills,
    Never again but I did enjoy it the freedom but you had eyes everywhere, people walking dogs and traffic too.
    A car is much safer and cooler or warmer plus you can chat away to your heart's content. Well that depends who you are with too
    You still get people walking about on narrows roads and traffic too.
    Plus dogs, chickens, cyclists and kids running about all over the road.
    Only in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You still get people walking about on narrows roads and traffic too.
    Plus dogs, chickens, cyclists and kids running about all over the road.
    Only in the Philippines
    But in a car, you have a little more control, it's all about not rushing, just take your time enjoy the view, and let the silly buggers who is in a rush go past you,

Thread Information