Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Barong and where to get them

Me and my partner are getting married on March 18th and we want to wear them for the reception ... too cold for him in our glorious British weather!

We're based in Northampton (UK) and we've asked the family out in Philippines to source some (not difficult) but the costs are coming back at £120 for the two which is a little over our budget seeing as it's not far off what we're paying for renting the suits .... although we would own them but unlikely to wear them again any time soon!

Does anyone know of anywhere that might sell some Barong (is that a plural or is there an s on the end?) We do have some Pakistani/Indian stores around but I checked their websites and they just seem to do women.

Thanks in advance

I have one , would you like to borrow it/ have it.
    It was given to me by Mick, a member on here.
    I wore it for my wedding here in Derby.

But I have only one

Sadly, we will need two what with us both being fella's and, hence the reason we can't get married there as we'd have preferred. That said, if we do not find something soon, we'll be very grateful for anything and I am sure I recall reading about Mick helping you out on here

Quote Originally Posted by raintrek View Post
    Sadly, we will need two what with us both being fella's and, hence the reason we can't get married there as we'd have preferred. That said, if we do not find something soon, we'll be very grateful for anything and I am sure I recall reading about Mick helping you out on here
    Just let me know, and I hope it all goes well for both of you on your great day.

We're based in Northampton (UK) and we've asked the family out in Philippines to source some (not difficult) but the costs are coming back at £120 for the two which is a little over our budget
    Should be easily possible to source much lower than that in Philippines. Although as you know some can be very expensive.
    Time is getting too short now to source 'off-the-peg' from Philippines as it would mean fast (expensive) mailing route to be sure of receiving in UK

Personally I've no idea if they are available at low-price in UK but I very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Should be easily possible to source much lower than that in Philippines. Although as you know some can be very expensive.
    Time is getting too short now to source 'off-the-peg' from Philippines as it would mean fast (expensive) mailing route to be sure of receiving in UK

Personally I've no idea if they are available at low-price in UK but I very much doubt it.
    Yes, quite right ... shipping alone to get them here on time is almost £45. we've about a week before we've got to make a commitment so, either I find somewhere UK based or get them shipped over whilst also wishing I'd thought to get them ourselves the last time we were there or, indeed, as my partner only got her 2 weeks ago, if we'd thought of it at the time!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

It may look very nice with you in a suit and your partner in a borong ,
    But it's a special day and you have to get this right.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    It may look very nice with you in a suit and your partner in a borong ,
    But it's a special day and you have to get this right.
    We both want to wear one. This isn't just a joining of us it's a joining of nations so, parts of the occasion will be British with other parts Pilipino equally between us

We both want to wear one. This isn't just a joining of us it's a joining of nations so, parts of the occasion will be British with other parts Pilipino equally between us
    Try ebay or Gumtree you may be lucky on there

Thread Information