Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

It's Friday

Well the day has arrived and I am so excited,
    The car I hope will be fixed and life will get back to some sort of normality.
    Emma is not working this weekend, which is always great .
    May book our holiday if all is well with the car.
    And last but not lease, we are all going to live on £ 40 per. Calendar month after reading Michaels shopping bill,
    I am truly blessed,

I agree Steve, and if everyone followed the 'Michael Diet' the savings could solve the UK debt problem....

... 'tis indeed, Friday. But ... ... being happily retired, every day for me's a holiday. I recommend it!

Arthur, recommending it and being able to afford it are two very different things....

I just calculated my finances,i wonder if i will be able to work till i am 807?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If you stopped going to Costa coffee you could knock years of that figure, better still move in with Michael then pay half to the dripping fund and you will be quids in.

Dripping???I have eaten all sorts of crap in my time,used to have bread and dripping as a kid,but nowadays i would have to be quite hungry to be able to stomach it

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Dripping???I have eaten all sorts of crap in my time,used to have bread and dripping as a kid,but nowadays i would have to be quite hungry to be able to stomach it
    It all depends on how many grains of salt you sprinkle onto it, plus you can't put to many on as the salt shaker has not been filled for 70+ years, it's still half full.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    It all depends on how many grains of salt you sprinkle onto it, plus you can't put to many on as the salt shaker has not been filled for 70+ years, it's still half full.
    nI shouldnt laugh but......

It won't have any rice in it cos he doesn't eat the stuff....

I have calculated I'm going to have to work until I'm 67, by then my youngest will have finished Uni, then its pack up and off to France, even the wife is looking forward to it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I have calculated I'm going to have to work until I'm 67, by then my youngest will have finished Uni, then its pack up and off to France, even the wife is looking forward to it.......
    My original plan was retire at 50,thats gone out of the window my kids in his 4'th year of uni,studying medicine,its a long course,and when i hit 50 i realised theres a lot of things i need to see and do,that all costs cash,flying lessons this year for example,so as i said i am planning to retire at 807 we all have bucket lists and they all cost cash sadly.

Crikey if you plan to retire at 807 you should be pretty well off by then....

I hope so but you know as well as i do that our greatest riches arent monetary or posessions,its how well our kids are doing,if they are doing well then we have all the riches in the world,thats true riches money cant buy

Well my first plan of many was to retire at 60 , should have enough by then ,
    The next 37 plans was to retire at the end of every bloody day.
    But the plan is now to retire when Emma says I can, which is in her eyes 60 ,as that is what we agreed in the first place.
    Being only 58, and yes I know I don't look it ,I still have a year to try to convince her to go early, but every month we are here we save 5 months living over in the Philippines, or put it another way 5.2 years spending £40 a month

Well its Saturday and i have no car,
    The fuel tank is taking a little longer to get of and refit, i got the call yesterday that they may not get in ready and would Saturday be ok.
    Well what could i say but OK, as long as its done right is the main concern.
    Now can anyone help me in the next problem.
    These big flat things that are on the end of my legs which one moves first when you have to walk far,

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well its Saturday and i have no car,
    The fuel tank is taking a little longer to get of and refit, i got the call yesterday that they may not get in ready and would Saturday be ok.
    Well what could i say but OK, as long as its done right is the main concern.
    Now can anyone help me in the next problem.
    These big flat things that are on the end of my legs which one moves first when you have to walk far,
    Every morning just slowly go up and down on your toes 50 times but first start with 15 then work up to 50 over a couple of weeks, trust it will do you good

I agree Steve, and if everyone followed the 'Michael Diet' the savings could solve the UK debt problem....
    And help the world where starvation is a problem,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Every morning just slowly go up and down on your toes 50 times but first start with 15 then work up to 50 over a couple of weeks, trust it will do you good
    Do you actually move by doing this or are you stuck to the spot.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Do you actually move by doing this or are you stuck to the spot.
    On the spot but I've been doing it for 24 years now but I also put one arm over my shoulder and the other arm under the shoulder and link the hands together behind my back whilst going up and down on my toes, then have breakfast

On the spot but I've been doing it for 24 years now but I also put one arm over my shoulder and the other arm under the shoulder and link the hands together behind my back whilst going up and down on my toes, then have breakfast
    Dont believe you at all, lets see the evidence on facebook, plus it does not help me at all , i want to get from A to B , so moving up and down on the spot , whats the fun in that

Calf raises,your legs must be like iron,i do them all the time in the gym

Calf raises,your legs must be like iron,i do them all the time in the gym
    I am a idol git, plus the CAR is back

I am a idol git, plus the CAR is back
    I am off to the gym now,not doing calf-raises though,just treadmill,bike and rowing,glad you have your motor back

I am off to the gym now,not doing calf-raises though,just treadmill,bike and rowing,glad you have your motor back
    Cheers , keep of the costa coffee you know it makes sense.

I'm off to the couch now with a big glass of Chardonnay, the only raising I will be doing is my glass....

I'm off to the couch now with a big glass of Chardonnay, the only raising I will be doing is my glass....
    I am browsing Europe looking for our next adventure sitting on the sofa here wondering what i may fancy as a snack, Emma is awaiting the Voice

Cheers , keep of the costa coffee you know it makes sense.
    I had a flat white at a garden centre earlier today and a nice salad,eating granola at the moment Costa is just when i feel like it

I am browsing Europe looking for our next adventure
    Try Gibraltar or,and i know its not europe but its a nice weekend trip morroco

I am browsing Europe looking for our next adventure sitting on the sofa here wondering what i may fancy as a snack, Emma is awaiting the Voice
    Porto is nice for a weekend, as is Florence but that gets really busy so go out of season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information