Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Naturalisation quasi achieved

Just like to thank all of you great guys for your help over the last 3 years.

My wife arrived Oct 13.We applied for ILR in Oct 15 and Naturalisation in Oct 16.My wife has just completed her biometrics and awaits the ceremony in June at which point she will get her certificate and citizenship..

This forum has been and continues to be full of help and information whatever the problem or query.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post

My wife arrived Oct 13.We applied for ILR in Oct 15 and Naturalisation in Oct 16.My wife has just completed her biometrics and awaits the ceremony in June at which point she will get her certificate and citizenship..

This forum has been and continues to be full of help and information whatever the problem or query.

Cheers
    All good news then! congrats in advance!

Your wife might want to consider dual citizenship in which case she will need to visit the Philippine embassy for a day to swear in and get a new Philipiine passport (if required).

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    All good news then! congrats in advance!

Your wife might want to consider dual citizenship in which case she will need to visit the Philippine embassy for a day to swear in and get a new Philipiine passport (if required).
    Hi Lordna, for dual citizenship and new passport what exactly are the required documents? because I've heard that quite a number of people have had to attend the Philippine Embassy more than once due to being given wrong information by the Embassy and for us it's 150 miles each way, we would be grateful for accurate information from one who has been successful recently

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Lordna, for dual citizenship and new passport what exactly are the required documents? because I've heard that quite a number of people have had to attend the Philippine Embassy more than once due to being given wrong information by the Embassy and for us it's 150 miles each way, we would be grateful for accurate information from one who has been successful recently
    It would be a couple of years ago at least when my wife and step daughter got dual citizenship and new passports so things may have changed since. I do remember getting to the embassy early and we took all the identification documents we had with us. We didn't finish there until after 4pm having got there about 11:00am. I seem to remember taking loose change for the photocopier, plenty of cash, a pen and pre paid special delivery envelopes so you can get the new passports sent to you. Sorry can't remember much else, maybe someone else on here has done it recently.

Cheers
    Congratulations and well done Robbie

Cheers
    Wow, how time flies.
    Congratulations to you both. You've almost completed that immigration journey.

Yes I do agree with Lordna in that consideration of following the reaquisition of Philippine Citizenship might be a benefit.
    It's for you both to decide and to research properly before making the decision.

I say that because if all papers and documents are strictly in order of ALL regulations then it's pretty straight forward.
    Stuff like having a different name on the UK naturalisation/pssport to that on the Philippine passport can become a real problem. Do check.

Again....many congrats.

Thanks guys.

Because we live in Guernsey it will cost an arm and a leg to get a new filipina passport.When we go to Phils next time do you think it should ok to get the new passport there?
    My wife obviously is better to enter with the British Passport so no tax payable on departure.her passport will expire anyhow whilst we are in Phils.Bettee just to do he business there then when it's ready to pick up just send someone then they can forward it here

Thanks guys.

Because we live in Guernsey it will cost an arm and a leg to get a new filipina passport.When we go to Phils next time do you think it should ok to get the new passport there?
    My wife obviously is better to enter with the British Passport so no tax payable on departure.her passport will expire anyhow whilst we are in Phils.Bettee just to do he business there then when it's ready to pick up just send someone then they can forward it here
    Hi. If you search for the Departmenr of foreign affairs website then you can apply online and book an appointment and also choose from there the nearest branch to apply for her passport. Just bring all the necessary requirements then if you pay for the fast tract, i think it is roughly Php1200 for an express processing for 7days and Php950 for regular processing which takes up to 15days. I might just apply for the passport of my 2 little boys when we get there in the Philippines as it cost a fortune to get in the Phil embassy and on top of that is the train tickets and other fares...I hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Janedan0913 View Post
    Hi. If you search for the Departmenr of foreign affairs website then you can apply online and book an appointment and also choose from there the nearest branch to apply for her passport. Just bring all the necessary requirements then if you pay for the fast tract, i think it is roughly Php1200 for an express processing for 7days and Php950 for regular processing which takes up to 15days. I might just apply for the passport of my 2 little boys when we get there in the Philippines as it cost a fortune to get in the Phil embassy and on top of that is the train tickets and other fares...I hope this will help you.
    I wish it were that simple.Its easy to apply for the new passport office in CDO but the queues there are unbelievable!

Last time we went they also told us they are not doing fast passports anymore due to there being too many applicants and other excuses so it took a month.
    I will look into the online thing though.

Thanks

This thread refers but its a couple of years out of date and things may have changed: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Phil-passports

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    This thread refers but its a couple of years out of date and things may have changed: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Phil-passports
    Thank you so much Lordna for your reply, will check out what you have provided also investigate further

Don't know how on earth I managed to miss this thread, Robbie ... so please now accept my somewhat belated CONGRATULATIONS!

Thread Information