Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Just booked our first flight to Cebu with little one.

I didnt realise that you could do this. baby isnt born yet. Will be six months old when we travel.

Cost £860 for both of us plus baby direct to Cebu with Emirates from Gatwick as well which is nearer in September.

Just have to call the travel agent with name and date of birth when we know it.

Really good deal.

I like the fact the flight is more evenly split up. Instead of one really long flight and then a short flight its more half and half. Fly on a A380 and then a boeing 777 300ER.

Hi I am looking for cheap flights to Cebu for end of March. Which travel agent did you use. Are they reliable?

How much is "cheap" ebony?I know someone who got a flight to cebu in march or april for £420 with either cathay or emirates,i will ask them their source when i see them.My sister is flying with emirates in april she got that for £460.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

thanks for the reply Tawi2. I was qouted £472 with emirates flying from birmingham-cebu on the last week of March to first week of April. They said flying from London is more expensive.Birmingham is nearer to me so its ok. I checked Emirates website, which has similar price on the same dates but Mabuhay traveler said the luggage allowance is 40kg without extra charge. It certainly caught my interest although I havent booked the flight yet.I dont really know if its worth taking the risk with Mabuhay, it might be a lie that I could carry up to 40kg.

Trusted Member
    I regularly fly with Emirates, to Manila, from Manchester (similar journey times and planes as the Cebu service).

I flew with them last in Nov/Dec last year, and am booked on my next flight with them early March. Prices around £400 return.

An airline with an excellent reputation.

I have also flown with my eldest son when he was only 3 months old. His first trip to the Phils... and with his own British passport.

Did you book direct to Emirates grahamw48 or did you use a travel agent? I got attracted when Mabuhay travel.co.uk said that I could carry up to 40kg which I dont know if it is true because all the other sites on skyscanner including Emirates says up to 30kg only. I dont know how reliable mabuhay travel agent is so it is a bit of a dilemma. Oh wow, your eldest son is certainly a young traveler!

Trusted Member
    I always book direct with Emirates... online, via their website.

Normal (generous) baggage allowance for economy class is 30kgs... + 7 kgs carry-on.
    There MAY be a bigger allowance for returning Filipinos. Check with the airline.

We got 40kg allowance to cebu.

Well chuffed.

which travel agent did you use cheekee?

hi grahamw48, will phone Emirates today and check about luggage allowance. thanks for the reply ...

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    which travel agent did you use cheekee?
    Travel unravel.

0203 7012361

Flying out september.

Check Emirates web site, I'm fairly sure it's 30kg for economy unless you have silver status then you get an extra 10kg. Business is 40kg as standard, plus an additional 12kg if you're silver

Ok will do but that's what it says on e ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Ok will do but that's what it says on e ticket.
    You should have a reference number on there, so you can now book your seats or send a request for bassinet seats as you're travelling with an infant

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    You should have a reference number on there, so you can now book your seats or send a request for bassinet seats as you're travelling with an infant
    I tried. Currently costs £20 per seat to book early. New charging system by Emirates for early seat allocation.

Can't book bassinet seats till I provide date of birth of our daughter after she is born.

Trusted Member
    Yes, I noticed that... that seats can no longer be selected at no extra charge... also there is now a £6 credit card fee.

You get what you pay for I suppose, and they are VERY cheap now.

I'm not forking out extra for seats of my choice, so will just have to trust to luck.

Just an update... I have finally booked my flight using PICuk (Philippine Island Connection) website. A fellow Filipino recommended the site. They were so lovely and helpful. I paid £474 Birmingham-Cebu with 40 kg baggage allowance. The agent sent my eticket 10 minutes after they took my payment. I phoned Emirates to confirm, and yes, Im in their list! Happy days ! Thank you everyone for all your replies, really appreciate it.

Result

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Sorted.

I'm flying back tomorrow evening, then back again Thursday lunch time

Forgot to buy some milk? i often pop back to the shops when i forget something

Trusted Member
    He's an Air Steward ?

I suppose preparing a BB box for me is out of the question

Some seriously cheap flights there. I hope they stay that low when i want to book in July.

Thread Information