Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Members seemingly getting upset

I have noticed over the past few months 1 or 2 members getting quiet upset for little or no reason, with comments others have made on here, and replying with a Sharpish/Snotty reply bordering on rude.

Now we made not agree with everything posted or done on here, but there is no need to get upset about things to the point of rudeness, I notice one member for sure doesnt comment on here because of 1 such occurence, i think we all need to remember the old saying, if you cant say anything nice, then maybe its best not to say anything at all.

In case some of you didnt notice, the forum is struggling for new members, and when i read some of these sharpish/snotty comments, i do feel its not doing the Forum as a whole any good to encourage new members or indeed existing members to comment on a Topic..

Please note, Im not being offensive/snotty or anything like that im just commenting on an observation that Iv noticed, Have a great day guys, and keep smiling,

Trusted Member
    I agree mate.

(I cling to the 'grumpy old man' excuse now, whenever possible ).

Actually, I think things are even worse over on't tother board.

Too many blinkin pontificating know-it-alls.

It's probably being discussed in the special section where us dh's aren't allowed

Trusted Member
    Actually it's not Simon.

Dust sheets over everything in there too.

Hey.... I'm saying nowt anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Actually it's not Simon.

Dust sheets over everything in there too.

Hey.... I'm saying nowt anyway.

Off topic, but when are you back over. There's some good deals into Clark at the moment which in my opinion is worth the extra £20 or £30 just to avoid Manila, reduces the risk of missing a flight too

Trusted Member
    I was intending to be there til after Xmas this trip, but began worrying about my house here, so decided to just have the 30 days.
    Hopefully I can go back across there perhaps February, but I'm also investing in house -building on our land, so things are tight.

I came really close to booking through to Clark with Emirates this last trip, and yes, I'll certainly be giving closer consideration to it next time.

Thanks for the tip too, I'll have a quick look now.

Have a look at Cathay as well, comparable prices but quicker flight times last time I looked.

Trusted Member
    Ah, Cathay didn't show up at the cheap end on Skyscanner, but I'll take a look later (I think I haven't used them previously because I like the hour or three break in the mid-east, with Qatar, Emirates and Etihad)).

Anyway, best I've managed into Clark, with good times is £451 including credit card fee which they now charge. That would be for the whole of March, in my case.

Not bad at all. Finger hovering over 'pay' button.

Just Got £417 with cathay for april,i am currently trying to get a flight to thailand for march i am taking my son parachuting and fishing for doing really well at uni

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Don't forget to check prices with PIC

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Just Got £417 with cathay for april,i am currently trying to get a flight to thailand for march i am taking my son parachuting and fishing for doing really well at uni
    Nice one .

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Don't forget to check prices with PIC
    Cheers Michael.

I always buy direct with the airline though.
    Just can't bring myself to trust a travel agency, over the internet. I know you've had good experiences ... but.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Cheers Michael.

I always buy direct with the airline though.
    Just can't bring myself to trust a travel agency, over the internet. I know you've had good experiences ... but.
    Used PIC for over twenty years Graham they are good and sometimes cheaper than the airlines also your paperwork is e-mailed to you same day, give them a try Tel 02074048877 nothing to lose Never used internet always use phone

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It's probably being discussed in the special section where us dh's aren't allowed
    I'm allowed access into the very secret section if I want
    Generally it's not at all interesting, just BS, backbiting and the usual crap about why Philippines just shouldn't be considered for relocation for all the stupid incorrect reasons under the sun.

I used to be in that inner sanctum,one or two threads were most enlightening on folks characters away from the public eye

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I was intending to be there til after Xmas this trip, but began worrying about my house here, so decided to just have the 30 days.
    Hopefully I can go back across there perhaps February, but I'm also investing in house -building on our land, so things are tight.

I came really close to booking through to Clark with Emirates this last trip, and yes, I'll certainly be giving closer consideration to it next time.

Thanks for the tip too, I'll have a quick look now.
    Are you not going to bring ya miss back to UK Graham

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Are you not going to bring ya miss back to UK Graham
    It's starting to look almost impossible Brian, now that I'm an OAP.
    No rush at present anyway, but it would have been nice to have had the option.

We'll just see how things pan out over the next couple of years, while baby doesn't need better education, etc. It's nice for Mercedes to have the extended family around her at present.

Thread Information