Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question M&S to close clothing stores

Can't say I'm surprised really as their clothing divisions didn't really hit the mark for ages.

When I lived in UK they were always pretty good for me in terms of sizing and quality.
    My wife wasn't keen except for their underwear which she always bought especially at their discount outlets.

The food hall was always a hidden gem for us both. Sorely missed. We have M&S here in Philippines but the clothing is really out of place and so so expensive. Foodwise they really don't offer anything worthwhile. As for the wines, well to be honest they are almost always far overpriced.
    Yes I understand it may cost more for importing, but it's really surprising for me why on earth they bother. They surely can't see it as a worthwhile venture given the product restrictions they face.

My short lived job at the marks and Spencer distribution warehouse I noticed 80% of stock going out was womans lingerie.
    The rest of the stuff looked very overpriced in my opinion, but then I don't do fashion, so what do I know.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We also only use their food store. Love their cakes! Their clothes in my opinion are not very trendy and very expensive. Why would I buy there for something that I know I would like and I can buy for £5 online. They fail to target the young ones who wants trendy but cheap clothes.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

If you have a debahams next door why go into marks for cloths

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Never bought any food from M&S found it very expensive but always bought my slippers from them, great quality. It is sad to see long established company's slowly disappear, also I did notice that the Cebu branch was much more expensive than M&S in the UK

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    M&S in the Philippines are more expensive than the UK because they have to import it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    M&S in the Philippines are more expensive than the UK because they have to import it.
    I understand that Rayna, just hope they don't disappear altogether though. I did notice at the Cebu branch the clothing was of a higher quality and more fashionable in both ladies and gents, suspect they must have Asian suppliers or manufactures

M&S in Quezon City, Cubao and also Davao city are not only much too expensive but also have a crap product range IMHO

No idea how or why they continue to trade here.

I wear flip flops in the Phil's not slippers and they are brought dead cheap, ok size 12 I may have to pay a little more, and before Steve or Simon or even Keith says no there not flippers

Thread Information