Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Name Change, same sex, male ph partner wants to adopt my name (UK)

I've not found any way this can be done but I thought I'd ask in case I missed something.

My about to be husband really wants to adopt my surname after we're married. We'd still need to apply for leave the remain (not ILR) so he can work and stay here.

I think he can probably change his surname here but that it won't be recognised in the Philippines so he couldn't change his PH passport, even after we got ILR in 5 years or whatever it will be by then, I don't believe the PH will recognise a changed surname.

Is this your understanding or do you know of some way a Filipino male can legally change his name?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Same sex marriage is not recognised in the Philippines so he won't be able to change his name (surname) to yours on his passport. The only change of name that the Philippine government allows are when there is a mistake in the birth certificate and of course for the women who get married.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    That was my thinking too. I've already told him that I am more than happy to adopt his name but I guess he wants to feel more British. Maybe some day if the Philippines recognises same sex relationships but I cannot see that happening any time soon so, his name it will be for us :-)

Thread Information