Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Insurance

Insurance

Why do we pay insurance , to cover us for the just in case.
    I have no idea what our insurance bill is each year at work but it must be thousands of pounds and you pay this to cover for accidents and other things.
    A good few months ago one of our drivers reversed into a car, just caught it and no one was injured , but the bill has just come through.
    £1200 for a paint job and a new bumper. now because the drivers are paid a bonus this driver who is a good bloke and has gone out of his way these last few days helping us out will loose his bonus for the foreseeable future to pay this.
    His bonus is £25 per week or £100 per month so he is going to be out of pocket for 1 year or until the owners think he can have it back.
    I have said my bit and its fell on deaf ears but it des make you mad, then they complain why we cant keep drivers, dont get me wrong this was a silly thing to do reversing into a car, and yes he should loose his bonus for a month but this is too much in my eyes.

My last job we got a sickness bonus. £100 a month. Go sick you lose it. End of year you get £1200 if you didn't go sick, halved if you went sick once. Or nothing if two bouts of sickness. Thing was if someone went sick with something like a 24 hour bug and they lost the £100 for that month and half the yearly bonus of £600 that 24 hour bug cost £700. So what most people would do, myself included. They would take the whole week, or maybe two off. That way it made you feel a bit better about losing the bonus.

That's why to my knowledge nobody ever went sick for one day only in my last job.

We have that too, but if you are off more then the one day the other ays you are off are taken from the following week and so on,
    I have tried to get rid of this bonus thing and just up rate the wage, but then they say "how can we stop them any money for mistakes", ....... them or even take there new Vehicles off them or even put them on runs they dont like , again this all falls on deaf ears ,

In my experience if you Treat good workers right, they will pay you back in various ways many times over, these companies where there is one rule for all often penalises the wrong people, in that they are the people who suffer for abusers or P*** Takers... as for Insurance companies dont make me laugh we all know they want your money but dont want to pay out, and Insurance jobs ? well often the first thing they ask is...Is it an Insurance job ?...Think about how Vetinary costs have soared since Insurance has been involved..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    In my experience, if you Treat good workers right, they will pay you back in various ways many times over, these companies where there is one rule for all often penalises the wrong people, in that they are the people who suffer for abusers or P*** Takers... as for Insurance companies dont make me laugh we all know they want your money but dont want to pay out, and Insurance jobs? well often the first thing they ask is...Is it an Insurance job?...Think about how Veterinary costs have soared since Insurance has been involved..

Oh ... once tradesmen - or veterinary surgeons - get wind of any repair/treatment as "an insurance job", most (if not all) of them pile on the costs. And ... ... in turn, the insurers will, of course, cover themselves by either reducing their clients' no claims bonus or hiking their premiums.

Thread Information