Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Wedding bells...

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being out of touch but my fiancee has been visiting so we have been making the most of our time together. She went back on Friday 7th and it sbeen diffiucult being apart. I have a trip to the Philippines booked for late January next year and will stay for a month. During that time WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!

My fiancee has been hard at work over the weekend making arrangements for the wedding and today she went and viewed our venue. It's a gorgeous place and I'll post pictures below. We have set a date for Thursday 23rd February. This date was chosen as it gives us a decent amount of time to wait for the wedding licence but then also allows us to have one or two days together as man and wife before I fly home on the 26th February.

We have an event planner (who is a family friend also) and have our theme and so on already decided upon as well as food samples incoming and invites going out for about 200 people. While my fiancee was here her and my mum were watching endless episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress!" and there was lots of wedding talk. My mum has actually offered to buy her dress so she can have something truly special, which also frees up some more of our budget for other things.

I'm so pleased that everything is moving along at good speed now and I can't wait for the big day.

Sounds good. Just don't go mad, the prices can spiral out of control if you are not careful.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

All sounds wonderful, like Steve says just be careful with the cost, that's unless you are rich and money is no problem,
    Are your parents going out for the wedding

GREAT news that, Phil ... CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations... Hope you don't encounter any problems and everything runs smoothly.

Trusted Member
    Blimey, just the thought of the cost of all that gives me the collywobbles.

I could buy a nice car.

Yes Congratulations, but as has been said keep your eye on the costs mate... looks expensive to me.. but good luck to you both..

Wishing you the very best, as we all can testify of the day we got married and the endless planning, cost but joy at the end. I took a month out to be married in Cagayan De oro City it was worth and you need a month so not to rush things. It takes about 10 days just to register your wedding at your local office, and go to Embassy to get your CNI etc... so have great time

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

The photo's look great..it'll be a wonderful and memorable day.
    Advance congratulations

I'd also suggest keeping a watchful eye on the overall costs...200 guests is really a lot by any standards.
    Maybe the venue needs a minimum number. Try to keep costs reasonable. Especially on extras and alcohol.

I think my wedding cost me just over £500, and I think half that was Steve and Alan's bar bill
    Just kidding there boys, fun aside all I can say is plan the wedding for yourself and not for others because it's you who is paying for it

Hi everyone. Sorry for not replying sooner but I forgot to subscribe to the thread and so didn't get informed that there were any replies. I thought it was suspiciously quiet.

Thanks for all the well wishes, we are all really excited. Also, thanks for the warning about the cost but we have a set budget, which we cannot go over, and the wedding planner is aware of this and so is budgeting accordingly. So far we have the venue for 38,000php (including 2 rooms in the hotel the night before) and then the wedding planner cost is 165,000php for 200 people and this includes all the flowers, food, drink, sound system, disco, photographers etc. etc. etc. so all we need to get then is dresses and the priest, so we will even have a little bit of our 250,000php left, although the rate the pound is at the minute we might lose this in the conversion.

Someone asked if my parents are flying out, well my Dad is but my mum is not. She is disabled and could not make the journey. My brother and some of my best friends are going so there should be about 10-20 people on my guest list I think and the rest being made up of my Fiancee's friends and family and so on. We paid for the venue today and signed the contract for the wedding planner. It's all coming together nicely.

One last question for everyone: I have been told that I need to register the wedding at the registry office the day after in order for it to be legal here in Britain. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I think my wedding cost me just over £500, and I think half that was Steve and Alan's bar bill
    Just kidding there boys, fun aside all I can say is plan the wedding for yourself and not for others because it's you who is paying for it
    Was a nice day mate.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post

One last question for everyone: I have been told that I need to register the wedding at the registry office the day after in order for it to be legal here in Britain. Is that true?
    No it's not.
    See here under post #75 for my previous reply:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-advice!/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    No it's not.
    See here under post #75 for my previous reply:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-advice!/page3
    Cheers, just replied to you in that thread.

Thread Information