Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR (agency work)

As you may know I have just moved. I have been potentially offered a job this morning on the sort of money I'd expect here in Leicestershire.
    Problem is that's it's working through the agency and they will pay my wages.

I am worried that when we apply for FLR they will say I am not in full time employment as such.

I have a meeting this morning with the agency and will ask. But would like more knowledgeable answers from those who'd know. Plus im not to sure if working with an agency I get the same rights like sick pay, holiday pay etc etc... I shall see later.

If it's a good agency you will be fine but you should get everything that a person gets who works for the said company.
    The problem arises when you have a short contract with the company,

The key is income that meets the requirement.

Doesn't matter you work full-time or part-time and also doesn't matter whether your employment is permanent, contract or agency work.

You can even have a job that pays you every week in cash.
    Better if you get a proper pay though and pay the net into a bank account before spending.

Just be sure the annual income can be net.

Well from having no job when I woke up, I've now been offered two today (sort off)

First one is via the agency and I would be employed by them and the money is what I am after and meets the requirements for the FLR. The hours are either 5pm-1am or 2pm-10pm and is only 4 miles away.
    Downside is I wont get sick pay and as the company don't work bank holidays and they get 10 days off over Christmas. If I wanted to be paid for those I'd have to take it from my 28 days holiday a year, which basically means I would only have 10 days holiday a year as I'd need to save the other days for that.

Second job I am having a 8 hour trail at tonight is more of a fast paced job, what I am used to having worked at the airport. The pay is the same as the first job, but it is only temporary at this stage. And if I am there for three months and they decide they like me the will take me on and I will come off the agency books. It's also 4 miles from home, which is a good thing for me.
    Downside is it's permanent 8 hour nights Monday-Friday... But I always said in my last job, I didn't mind nights, if only I could do 8 hour shifts.

What ever happens I have only been living here since Friday and only updated my CV and profile on one of the online agency sites yesterday afternoon when we got broadband installed. So who knows, more offers may be around the corner?

Well done mate take your time, choose whats best for you...

Thread Information