Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Care Staff "Up In Arms" Over Minimum Wage

............... title assumes they're still able to lift their arms ... after carrying out the multitude of onerous backbreaking tasks they undertake on a daily basis for a pittance ...

... whilst their *bosses sit esconced in *their plush leather, swivel armchairs - often doing nothing harder than pushing pens for what're seen as grossly~inflated salaries.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37350750 ...

OK, this article relates to the London Borough of Haringey ... ... but, by all accounts, it's the same story countrywide!

Some of the excess Politian's should give it a go for the same money, I think Osbourne might need a job if he has no seat?
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    Then again, to be fair, they know the wages and conditions when they apply for the job.

Also, these workers who stay overnight (rent-free) at care homes and private houses...with free food and drinks too ?

More to this than meets the eye, I reckon.

I don't suppose many of the agencies and care home owners have exactly starved over the years.

It doesn't seem so long ago that friends of friends were rushing to get into the 'business'.

Funds for council-run homes are hard to come by, we're told.... as usual.

The government could make a start by tossing out of our country every single illegal parasite and so-called asylum seeker, who is currently sucking up all the freebies provided by the taxes of those British pensioners in need of care, as well as of their relatives helping to keep them out of the care system as long as possible.

Lots of people are on minimum wage and zero hours to, like Graham says you have a choice

Hi, Andy ... as you're an experienced member of the 'Caring profession' - and I've noticed you are currently online - I'd be very interested in reading your [personal] "take" on this issue.

Thread Information