Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
May I add my welcome back to our Forum, Sally. Already you have had supportive and helpful messages from other members.

I’m sure your late husband’s illness would be even harder to accept, knowing that the origin of his cancer could not be diagnosed. At least 3% of cancers are of " unknown primary ", despite all possible investigations, which I'm sure would have been made.

While I can’t give you specific advice, I’m glad that sharing your thoughts is helping, and wish you all the best for your future.
Thank you Doc Alan! I must admit I am deeply touched by the warm welcome from the members here. I did the right thing when I finally decided to join the forum and share my story.

His diagnosis was a blow and eventual passing was worse but what is more difficult & painful to accept was how he was treated. He was sent home telling him that his case was now referred to an oncologist and that we would just have to wait. Two weeks passed and we never heard from anyone. We only found out that he has days to live when I spoke with the hospice nurse and told her about it. She immediately went to the hospital and chase the people handling my husband's case and upon inquiry that's when she was told that they cannot give him the treatment anymore as he was too weak to handle them and that we are just looking for days for him to live. We knew that he was dying but to be sent home just like that without telling us the real score was more than hard to accept. They owe it to us to speak to us directly and tell us the truth but no we were just made to wait for nothing. Anyway, he's gone now and there's nothing to be done so....