Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
I have been told that after the wedding ceremony I need to go to the registry office and officially register the wedding there. This ensues it will be recognised as legal here in England for visa purposes. Is this correct? I was told by a friend but he says he is unsure if that was the Philippines or Thailand.
Phil,
In principle your overseas (Philippine) marriage will be recognised as legal in the UK as long as you follow all the needed/legal/protocols in the Philippines, without any 'short cuts' or under the table expediting etc. (You know, that nudge nudge, wink wink stuff won't hold)
There's no requirement to register the marriage in the UK. Actually, there is no way you can register an overseas marriage in the UK anyway.

My wife and I first got married in Japan under traditional Japanese style and rules. The British Embassy wouldn't accept the marriage as legal since we married in a way only legal for Japanese nationals.
Eventually my wife entered UK as Fiance and we got married again once in UK.

She eventually convinced me to have a full blown Philippine wedding here. Actually a renewing of vows, but followed precisely the same protocols.

So I've been married 3 times to the same lady

Enjoy your wedding day Phil

I'd strongly suggest having the marriage certificate/contract expedited (at small extra fee) or it could take a long long time to come through.
See here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....th-Certificate