Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
Ooh, can I pick your brain on the process then if you don't mind. I was hoping someone here could advice me if they had done it recently. So all I have to do before the marriage itself is go to the embassy (with all the documents listed on the .gov website) and make my affirmation? When this is done do I need to get married within a certain length of time? I am back in Philippines in February so might as well do it then if there is no time limit. Also, how long in advance did you need to make the appointment? When that process is done I can legally marry in the Philippines? I just need to then organise the actual wedding, haha?

I think I made my appointment (online), maybe a week ahead ?
(Much of this stuff I've forgotten already... being a stupid absent-minded old bloke).

I know I managed to fit everything within a 30 day 'holiday'.

I would urge you to keep up to date by consulting the official government websites... both British and Philippines ones.

Your partner is probably best placed to collect her required documents, arrange wedding venues, etc.

Correct documents in hand... and a few pesos in the Philippines, and there should be nothing to get worried about. Just take plenty of copies of each important document (3 or 4).