Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Visit Visas for two family members

We are planning on bringing my wife.s brother and mother to the UK for a 6 month visit. The plan is that we will be financing the whole thing ourselves from the uk as their source of income is us!

I have quickly looked through the UKBA website and it seems we can finance this but I wondered if anyone has any idea of what the UKBA will be looking for in order to grat the visa? What sort of money will they consider reasonable to finance a stay for two people over 6 months? Are there any other things we need to consider? Anybody else done this who could advise?

Both my wife's brother and mother are coming as I believe my mother in law is not comfortable travelling alone.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    UK Home Office will be more interested in proving that both of them have strong ties to the Philippines and will not overstay in the UK. You need to gather evidences for that, i.e. properties, work, etc. if they do have them. On your part, you only have to supply documents that you really can support them while they're here, i.e. accommodation (that you have room(s) for them if they are staying in your house), your bank account(s) showing you can really afford it, also provide a cover letter for the application stating what they are going to do in the UK and you are fully supporting their stay. The hardest part really is proving and convincing UK Home Office that they'll go back to the Philippines.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I'm planning to bring my mother here on a tourist visa, I thought it will be easier to sponsor my mum since she is already widowed and retired.

Quote Originally Posted by filscot99 View Post
    I'm planning to bring my mother here on a tourist visa, I thought it will be easier to sponsor my mum since she is already widowed and retired.
    You'll need to be extra careful in establishing reasons why she'll return home against reasons to remain in UK

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    My wife and I are sponsoring a very close friend from Philippines to UK. We've filled in sponsorship undertaking form SU07 and have all the required documents ready but Gov.com website does not say where to post everything. I believe my supporting information should go to Home Office but what department at what address? the person we're sponsoring documents I believe should shown at British Embassy or VFS. Please can anyone help us?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    My wife and I are sponsoring a very close friend from Philippines to UK.
    The package I sent to Valencia 30th December just arrived now May 3rd my partner just received phone call from local Post office.

Hi Simon, complicated. I have developed cancer and my wife has decided to help me sponsor my partner to come to UK on a visit visa cos I don't know at this stage what the future holds for me. Wife won't care for me cos she has to work. I said complicated because five and a half years ago my wife became pregnant with someone at her work and they had a beautiful daughter whom I have looked after since two days after she was born. She's the little sunshine in my life, so if anyone can help please let me know. Just to clear matters up I have been supporting my Partner for almost two years, I have known of her for 17 years now, we have been communicating for almost two years. Providing I get my health back I intend that she be my future.

Thanks Michael for your frank and honest reply. I tried giving you a well deserved rep but I have to spread it about a bit first.

Trusted Member
    I'll echo your words Simon... and have given the rep on your behalf.

Good luck Michael !

Thank you both, I will update as I progress

Thank you both, I will update as I progress
    And progress you will, Michael ... with your being a normally healthy person; wishing you ALL THE BEST, my friend!

Thread Information