Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Threads

Threads

Jeez ... do I have to be the only member who rummages around for new - and interesting - material that [hopefully] will attract the attention of the majority of our readers???

It would appear so, Arthur Unfortunately us youngsters have to go to work

Respected Member
    Your rummaging is appreciated Arthur

Its hard to start a thread Arthur and sometimes i think its harder to answer it too, well thats what i see

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It would appear so, Arthur Unfortunately us youngsters have to go to work
    Oh yes, ! But taking into account the 7/8 hours' time difference between and the Phils, you'd imagine the numbers online would balance out over any twenty-four hour period, if you get my drift. Although, admittedly ... ... there're far fewer of our regular posters living in the Philippines than in the UK.

Whats the matter Art..Not interested in Rocket stove pizza ovens?

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Ah .................... 's nice of you to say so, Trefor ... many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    It's hard to start a thread Arthur and sometimes i think its harder to answer it too, well thats what i see
    Oh don't I know it, Steve!

... which, is WHY, I spend so much time painstakingly trawling the internet for news items in the vain hope of being able to cater for as wide a range of tastes as possible, on a daily basis.

... but to be fair, it's easier for the likes of me, being retired.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Whats the matter Art..Not interested in Rocket stove pizza ovens?
    Fred ... it isn't that I'm not interested, ... I simply wouldn't understand how to operate such an appliance. We are certainly accustomed to cooking pizzas ... in an ordinary gas oven.

Only joking Art...Just illustrating a point really also..
    Some topics just dont float some peoples boat!
    Also I like good Pizza and Ive wrecked two good gas ovens completely overheating them for to long..Seals go first and I still could never get the required temps.. Need more power..Thus that thread.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Yes it is, and you always attract my attention Arthur

This has got me thinking , BAD news sells papers, and the say GOOD news no one is interested in.
    Well i do like good news stories and there are a few on here but as some say some threads dont interest me , i have forgot about all the old rules about bringing our partners here and all the new ones well forget it, i dont need to know those,
    I think we all should follow some members by saying at lease something on every thread, like, THATS NICE, I DONT HAVE THE ANSWER BUT SOMEONE WILL BE ALONG SOON, OR AINT THE WEATHER NICE ,

Well i always browse the headlines of new Topics then read through what seems of interest, i guess Im a relative newbie on the forum, which says a lot about the Forum really. It is difficult to start a Topic and Im not one of the main Topic starters but more of a replier, I would like to say thanks to the Topic starters on this Forum or else we wouldnt be here without them...

Trusted Member
    I would like to thank you Arthur, and all those members who provide new topics for discussion each day. Because some of the topics don't get a lot of replies does not mean that others are not interested (or appreciative... though maybe we could say so more often).

Like Harry, I'm more of a 'replier' ... don't know why... perhaps because after my many years in sales, 'geeing' people up, it's nice to be able to sit back and let others take the lead ?

Thanks to each of you, in turn, for your respective responses.

However, this thread was prompted by my sheer disbelief - and GENUINE disappointment - at the general lack of interest in an article I'd come across ... then posted on the forum yesterday morning, for reasons that are self~explanatory:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....is-Personality

OK ... a few members did ! Yet NONE bothered to acknowledge it. It can be extremely frustrating when folk would seem to prefer answering trivia to replying to IMPORTANT notifications.

Thats nice, ,
    I understand your frustration Arthur i have posted many and you get people looking but no comment left, dont let it stop you , it has not stopped me

... once again, does the number of posts per page appear to keep diminishing? ... in spite of the valiant efforts by a faithful few - each of whom is trying exceedingly hard to counteract this trend.

Now just back in the UK, I connected to Sky Broadband and tried to open the forum. Sky has blocked the forum because it is a "dating" website. So.... unless you change your Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Now just back in the UK, I connected to Sky Broadband and tried to open the forum. Sky has blocked the forum because it is a "dating" website. So.... unless you change your Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway.
    back to Blighty, Steve ... tho', naturally, you'd prefer to be in the Philippines with your loved ones.

... so you're saying Sky has blocked the forum? Strange ... because I happened to change over to Sky from 'TalkTalk' last January, and found myself unable to gain access - at first - presumably for the reason you've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    So.... unless you change your *Sky Broadband settings you will not see the forum anyway.
    Oh I managed to get *mine working too ... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... so you're saying Sky has blocked the forum? Strange ... because I happened to change over to Sky from 'TalkTalk' last January, and found myself unable to gain access - at first - presumably for the reason you've stated.
    Luckily, I had the foresight to immediately message Keith through facebook - at the time - and the problems I'd been experiencing were duly resolved
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 28th October 2017 at 02:00. Reason: Thread could be said to've turned into a 'Hindsight Saga' for me, by way of explanation, in its entirety, ha,ha!

Actually when I am at Harlene's Aunt's house I can't get on here via her aunt's wifi as Sky blocks the site. That's been going on the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Actually when I am at Harlene's Aunt's house I can't get on here via her aunt's wifi as Sky blocks the site. That's been going on the past couple of years.
    ... GRR! ... THAT, of course, was the fault of the blinkin' pundits at Google - prompting our Site Administrators to make a somewhat radical name change - a while back ... !

... GRR! ... THAT, of course, was the fault of the blinkin' pundits at Google - prompting our Site Administrators to make a somewhat radical name change - a while back ... !
    OK, . But NOT ONLY THAT! ... STRINGENT IMMIGRATION RULES implemented by HM Home Office in 2012 have led to a MASSIVE DROP in the numbers of non~European Settlement Visa applicants on lower incomes who [rightly] feel it's a 'lost cause', nowadays.

Trusted Member
    Very true Arthur.... and how does it make sense, when the wife is permitted to work here from the off anyway ?

Jeez ... do I have to be the only member who rummages around for new - and interesting - material that [hopefully] will attract the attention of the majority of our readers???
    I've done it for years albeit not so much lately. Check the video section for confirmation.

Thread Information