Duterte's war on drugs has all been done before and this approach has never been proven to produce any real long term reduction in drug use
Thaksin tried the shoot to kill approach in Thailand and look where that got him
Even last week John Kerry had to remind the president and his staff that there is such a thing as human rights

So what has this policy produced so far

Over 350 people murdered by the police
Vigilant groups murdering people
Police ambushing people and murdering them and then giving some lame excuse that there was some big gun battle
in many cases there is no gun battle at all its just summary executions by the police
Local scores being settled by the local henchman and the murdered victim being accused of being a drug pusher

The fact that Duterte thinks that its such a great idea to upgrade his policeman to "on the spot" executioners speaks volumes

I am anti drugs and i always have been and i detest these drug pushers like everyone else but this approach is very short sighted and i predict that this policy will be the downfall of Duterte
Is it so difficult to arrest these drug pushers and put them before the courts where at least they can get a fair trial and if proven guilt locked away for many years

Surely a right and proper justice system is preferred over Duterte's infamous Death Squads

The Philippines seems to be moving to a one man dictatorship now which is a real shame