Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Duterte's Approach to drug control is never going to succeed

http://pattayaone.news/en/why-thaila...-war-on-drugs/

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Interesting read.

Trusted Member
    Fear not... citizens:

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Which is what exactly ? In your opinion.

Yes, there are some outflows.......causing a softness in the Peso..thank goodness as far as I'm concerned.

But just what is the impact on the local economy?
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...om-phl-markets

As long as Duterte and his henchmen keep on murdering people without any recourse to fair justice then of course international investors will give the Philippines a miss

Investors want stability and a government that takes a measured approach to everything
    With Duterte all you get is foul mouthed rants and a international policy that moves between the USA one week and then the next week he bangs on about siding with Russia and China

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-united-states

International investors want stability and a clear straightforward foreign policy and Duterte will never be able provide that

I know i have not been in Manila but i have been in Cebu city every other day and all seems quite normal. I admit that i am not in slum areas as well. The only thing i have noticed over the last month or so is the amount of police check points. I have been pulled over 3 times in 3 weeks and been asked for my driving licence and documents for the car. I have passed Check points every day. Last year i never sawing police check points never mind getting pulled over. I think the bombing at the Davao christmas market has a lot to do with the check points rather than Duterte's policies and the war on drugs.

I do most of my travelling by car up and down the coast from Cebu city to Argao. Some great views on the way and i feel quite safe where i go. Luck for me and the wife we have a house by the beach in a gated community, very quiet area with neighbours that are mostly foreign guys with filipino wives. I do not know anyone that has lost someone since Duterte came to power.

I do not know anyone that has lost someone since Duterte came to power.
    What??? Not even one?
    Dont tell that to the Foreign press...They will accuse you of down playing the situation..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    What??? Not even one?
    Dont tell that to the Foreign press...They will accuse you of down playing the situation..
    I lost my nephew, but I don't think that counts

Respected Member
    Now the fruitcake starts blaming the Americans

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/27/1...ipulating-peso

Its his mouth and his barbaric policies that are scaring investors away

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/27/1...ropean-chamber

C'mon Peso keep sliding down

So many new laws/directives/local gvt regulations that are directly improving the daily life of Filipinos.

Now that is as funny as my jokes

Respected Member
    Jumping into bed with China and Russia will end in tears also

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/28/1...ll-be-the-last

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...tary-exercises

Duterte's foreign policy is a joke and as clear as mud !

Respected Member
    It might be ok for a few expats but eventually it will start effecting the whole Pinoy economy

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/09/...veness-ranking

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    It might be ok for a few expats but eventually it will start effecting the whole Pinoy economy

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/09/...veness-ranking
    The DU30 administration is clearing away the red tape and corruption and investing heavily in needed infrastructure.

If you look further down the link you posted you'll see the headline
    "PH economy likely grew fastest in Southeast Asia in Q1 - Moody's"

Growth in the Philippine economy is above 6% and is forecast to continue.
    Something the UK can only dream about.

Jumping into bed with China and Russia will end in tears also

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/28/1...ll-be-the-last

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...tary-exercises

Duterte's foreign policy is a joke and as clear as mud !
    "foreign policy" is secondary..His priority is poor Filipino`s and home land affairs..If he doesn't deliver a hammer blow against both the drug and corruption problem then just like the last 40 years..Nothing will change here.
    Americans in Mindanao did nothing to deplete Abu sayaff,taking of hostages or even the Ampatuan murderers in Maguindanao.. Where were you and the human rights advocates then?? What did you all achieve?

He questions also the US/Filipino defense agreement...Asks them will they really defend the R.P against a Chinese invasion?? The yanks caused the problems we now see in Syria..Who knows if they would in effect abandon the Philippines if China`s intention was to invade?
    Why cant they or the U.N stop the Chinese building islands in contested sea`s even when the international court ruling favoured the Philippines?
    In reality,the R.P stands alone and DU30 has told the Chinese plainly that he can either talk to them or prepare for war.. He warned them that if they did invade it would not be an easy task and Filipino`s would fight till the last drop of blood..He also admitted that the R.P would lose and badly.
    So..He suggests talking and negotiations...I suspect he will negotiate mining,oil and gas well drilling via resource project sharing agreements.
    This kind of negotiation will have no chance whilst the US has forces in Mindanao or whilst they are playing war games in the south China sea with the Filipino navy.
    Duterte knows that any serious talks with China would be practically impossible under those circumstances..
    He doesn't trust the west`s promises and has decided to negotiate from a more independent angle for whats best for the Philippines and the Filipino people.
    I think he`s nowhere near as "mad" as you and the politically correct, uneducated western media make out.

Lets see if you can rebuff my or others posts without posting another liberal biased link or another dumb one liner!! lol

Salamat Steve.R!

Salamat Steve.R!
    Welcome Fred
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    America is as much if not more of a bully than China is so I don't blame Duterte. Why do you think they want to run exercises in Asia? don't they have enough space nearer home?

Also, they won't let the local 'relationship' flounder so easily, they will come round and do positive things for the Philippines in time to keep their allies near China.

Mr LM,

It's clear you have no positivity at all concerning the Philippines or it's governance.
    It's clear you have no positivity at all concerning the Duterte administration.

Why do you continue to post such repetitive negative links ?
    What positivity or indeed benefit do you bring to our online community here ?

Why do you feel the need to continue any connection to the membership of this forum given your clear negativity and lack of intelligent insight into the politics, economy, culture, characteristics, traditions and ethnicity of the Philippines and it's people ?

Just curious

Mr LM,

It's clear you have no positivity at all concerning the Philippines or it's governance.

Why do you feel the need to continue any connection to the membership of this forum given your clear negativity and lack of intelligent insight into the politics, economy, culture, characteristics, traditions and ethnicity of the Philippines and it's people ?

Just curious

Respected Member
    Mr LM,

Just curious
    Of course i need to respond to deluded people when its comes to Duterte

FYI i want the best for the Philippines and its people

Do you really think a forum where people just pay lip service to Duterte is so brilliant

There is another side to Duterte which you and most others on this site fail to see

I have been proved right before like when i pointed out that Mindanao was not safe and you and the rest jumped on me for even suggesting that So what happened a few weeks back in Davao !

Instead of just defending Duterte all the time and pretending that everything is just so fine and dandy in the Philippines with a madman at the helm i suggest you come into the real world

Like most of Duterte's supporters you just can't take any criticism of him and i don't find that very healthy at all

Most of the members on here just go along with what a few mods decide to post and even jump to your defense

Anyone with their own brain and different views is stamped on and a forum should reflect all views even if you personally don't care for them........

Mark my words i will be proved right on the Duterte issue in the long run and then we can all look back on this thread with amazement

There is nothing positive to post about Duterte and negative views are just as worthy as positive ones

You should be welcoming all views on Duterte and not just views that you agree with

People should be made aware of the other side of Duterte and my links come from bona fide Philippine news websites and thats not propaganda that someone tried to accuse me of before

I like the way some on here just to suite their own argument accuse any Philippine news website that dares to post anything negative about Duterte as being biased

So you only want forum members that post only pro Duterte views and agrees with everything any mod decides to post

Do you really think a forum where people just pay lip service to Duterte is so brilliant

There is another side to Duterte which you and most others on this site fail to see

I have been proved right before like when i pointed out that Mindanao was not safe and you and the rest jumped on me for even suggesting that So what happened a few weeks back in Davao !

Instead of just defending Duterte all the time and pretending that everything is just so fine and dandy in the Philippines with a madman at the helm i suggest you come into the real world

Like most of Duterte's supporters you just can't take any criticism of him and i don't find that very healthy at all

Most of the members on here just go along with what a few mods decide to post and even jump to your defense

Anyone with their own brain and different views is stamped on and a forum should reflect all views even if you personally don't care for them........

Mark my words i will be proved right on the Duterte issue in the long run and then we can all look back on this thread with amazement

There is nothing positive to post about Duterte and negative views are just as worthy as positive ones

You should be welcoming all views on Duterte and not just views that you agree with

People should be made aware of the other side of Duterte and my links come from bona fide Philippine news websites and thats not propaganda that someone tried to accuse me of before

I like the way some on here just to suite their own argument accuse any Philippine news website that dares to post anything negative about Duterte as being biased

So you only want forum members that post only pro Duterte views and agrees with everything any mod decides to post

Hell of a rant that....Glad you got it off your chest!
    Nice bait/switch technique too!!!!
    Why do members feel that have to agree with a spam deleter like me?
    Has any moderator here ever edited one of your posts?
    If we are going to look back on this thread in lets say 2 years time to compare notes we will need some specific predictions from you...Thus far..Nada.
    The proof of the pudding...

If some terrorist, some person who has a grudge against others, for whatever reason be it personal, religous, or whatever reason, decides that he/she wants to plant a bomb somewhere then its difficult but can be done, i can go back as far as the Birmingham Pub Bombings, or more recently we had some in London did that mean the Government of the time were Madmen or Women ?, is the present President of France, Hollande similar to Duterte of course they were/are not.. so your example of what happened in Mindanao ie Davao cannot be down to Duterte..

It has become apparent that you have a clear dislike of Duterte, i will read, and listen to any balanced arguement for or against, but you my friend constantly post negative DU30 propaganda, i think it was me that used that word previously, i also said maybe you may have other reasons for constantly posting such biased news..
    I dont claim Duterte is perfect, he makes mistakes like all of us do, but for YOU so say that there is NOTHING positive to post about Duterte is clearly wrong, and its comments like that that get peoples backs up, there are people who live in the Philippines who can see improvements being made, yes Duterte does do things his way, but thats what the Filipino people voted for, he didnt lie about what he would do beforehand, and now he is doing it, who are you or i to disregard the wishes of people who wanted that.. wether it proves to be right or wrong in the long run no-one can tell.
    All that most of us on here are asking for is give us the TRUE facts from BOTH sides, what you are doing is giving us one sided views, i can only presume that you wanted the vast majority of Filipino people to continue as before, which was to struggle to find work, to struggle to afford health Care, to struggle to run a small business, to struggle to put food on the table, and clothes on there back, and to be exploited by the system that existed for many years, and while that was going on, others were making money through corrupt, and illegal practices that have been rife throughout Government and the Country as a whole.. If you do support that, well shame on you.. The Filipino people decided in a fairly run election that they had had enough of that, and they wanted an opportunity to improve there lives.. they decided Duterte was the man for that, and they elected him as there President, the least anyone can do you included, is give him time to achieve this, it was never going to be easy, and so its proving.. obviously some people are kicking and screaming because they can see there opportunity for further ill gotten gains being taken away..
    Duterte has invited the UN, the EU, Human rights groups, or indeed anyone who cares to come and see for themselves whats actually happening, all he asks is that they be fair in the things that they see and report.
    Can i just suggest you keep a constant eye out in London for anything untoward or suspicous that you may see in as we have been warned that Terrorist activity is highly likely, but then Im saying as you were saying its not safe in London or anywhere else in the World, Mindanao is no exception to that..
    Nothing against you personally LM but i am asking you to be fair with your viewpoint.. I May or May not agree with everything Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, or UKIP stand for or do, but i dont come here every day bemoaning that fact...

Trusted Member

Respected Member
    Duterte really does need to keep his trap shut sometimes though. His recent outburst won't do him any favours and just fuels his detractors. Better off to say nothing than say some of the crap he comes out with IMO.

P.S. Keep up the good work Duterte!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    If some terrorist, some person who has a grudge against others, for whatever reason be it personal, religous, or whatever reason, decides that he/she wants to plant a bomb somewhere then its difficult but can be done, i can go back as far as the Birmingham Pub Bombings, or more recently we had some in London did that mean the Government of the time were Madmen or Women ?, is the present President of France, Hollande similar to Duterte of course they were/are not.. so your example of what happened in Mindanao ie Davao cannot be down to Duterte..

It has become apparent that you have a clear dislike of Duterte, i will read, and listen to any balanced arguement for or against, but you my friend constantly post negative DU30 propaganda, i think it was me that used that word previously, i also said maybe you may have other reasons for constantly posting such biased news..
    I dont claim Duterte is perfect, he makes mistakes like all of us do, but for YOU so say that there is NOTHING positive to post about Duterte is clearly wrong, and its comments like that that get peoples backs up, there are people who live in the Philippines who can see improvements being made, yes Duterte does do things his way, but thats what the Filipino people voted for, he didnt lie about what he would do beforehand, and now he is doing it, who are you or i to disregard the wishes of people who wanted that.. wether it proves to be right or wrong in the long run no-one can tell.
    All that most of us on here are asking for is give us the TRUE facts from BOTH sides, what you are doing is giving us one sided views, i can only presume that you wanted the vast majority of Filipino people to continue as before, which was to struggle to find work, to struggle to afford health Care, to struggle to run a small business, to struggle to put food on the table, and clothes on there back, and to be exploited by the system that existed for many years, and while that was going on, others were making money through corrupt, and illegal practices that have been rife throughout Government and the Country as a whole.. If you do support that, well shame on you.. The Filipino people decided in a fairly run election that they had had enough of that, and they wanted an opportunity to improve there lives.. they decided Duterte was the man for that, and they elected him as there President, the least anyone can do you included, is give him time to achieve this, it was never going to be easy, and so its proving.. obviously some people are kicking and screaming because they can see there opportunity for further ill gotten gains being taken away..
    Duterte has invited the UN, the EU, Human rights groups, or indeed anyone who cares to come and see for themselves whats actually happening, all he asks is that they be fair in the things that they see and report.
    Can i just suggest you keep a constant eye out in London for anything untoward or suspicous that you may see in as we have been warned that Terrorist activity is highly likely, but then Im saying as you were saying its not safe in London or anywhere else in the World, Mindanao is no exception to that..
    Nothing against you personally LM but i am asking you to be fair with your viewpoint.. I May or May not agree with everything Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, or UKIP stand for or do, but i dont come here every day bemoaning that fact...
    I think Du30 just shot himself in the foot this time Harry....
    He just said Hitler killed 6 million innocent Jews and he`s criticized because he`s happy to kill 3 million criminals if necessary.
    He`s treading on very thin ice!
    I agree with his policies thus far but to be quite honest..He doesn't do him self any favours at times.

... let's face it ... ... the vast majority of Filipinos know their new President has the BEST interests of his people at heart.

's what counts.

He just said Hitler killed 6 million innocent Jews and he`s criticized because he`s happy to kill 3 million criminals if necessary.
    I agree with his policies thus far but to be quite honest..He doesn't do him self any favours at times.
    He really doesn't have any idea or understanding about international relations and diplomacy.
    He often says the most outlandish things.
    I'm sure it'll be his downfall one of these days.

Apart from that he's doing a good job policy wise on all fronts.
    Even the IMF supports his 10 point plan.

I see that the 25 day softening of the Peso has halted.
    Wonder how the Pound will fair now?
    at 1.29 against the dollar it's not much of a showing. Decided to make a transfer today with PNB at P62.80

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

I've bookmarked this one.
    I'm sure it'll come in handy

Must be honest I like him but this one made me cringe.

Thread Information